Cullinan to Tonteldoos

Knersboy

So I have entered 36One, and thinking of doing Cullinan to Tonteldoos as a prep race, seeing as it is about a month before 36One.

Firstly, any opinions on whether this is in fact a good idea, the ultimate goal is 36One.

I find the website for the race a bit thin and have a few questions for those that have done it.

I see they mention support vehicles, i don’t think I will be able to muster that kind of luxury, is there any kind of organization around boxes at check/water points?

Is there any organization for getting the car from Cullinan to Tonteldoos?

How well stocked are the water points?

Is there a route profile out there anywhere?

Any info will be appreciated.

For training - yip not bad. It's going to be a tough race - lots of climbing closer towards Tonteldoos. 

How the logistics and boxes work, no clue! I did it in 2015 before it was an official race. One of my friends did it last year: https://www.strava.com/activities/1482037767 

Also bear in mind: The route will not be marked and the roads will not be closed off for the event, be cautious of potential traffic at all times and make 100% sure it is safe to go before crossing roads. 

I think it's a fairly unsafe area to cycle through but that's just me

For training - yip not bad. It's going to be a tough race - lots of climbing closer towards Tonteldoos. 

How the logistics and boxes work, no clue! I did it in 2015 before it was an official race. One of my friends did it last year: https://www.strava.com/activities/1482037767 

Also bear in mind: The route will not be marked and the roads will not be closed off for the event, be cautious of potential traffic at all times and make 100% sure it is safe to go before crossing roads. 

I think it's a fairly unsafe area to cycle through but that's just me

Thanks