Bottelary Hills MTB Tick problem

Rouyf

I'll have to let mine grow then, it seems... :whistling:

Hahaha I wouldn't advise it! Went riding with a lady the other day, fittingly up a bit of single track in Jonkershoek called Die Boslys, I came out with 3 on my legs and she came out with none. The hair just gives them something to latch on to.

Timely reminder ....

As said above, this goes for ALL our local trails !!

This time of year it is a good idea to check for ticks when getting home !!   Last year we DID spot more than one tick during these checks .... :eek:

Hahaha I wouldn't advise it! Went riding with a lady the other day, fittingly up a bit of single track in Jonkershoek called Die Boslys, I came out with 3 on my legs and she came out with none. The hair just gives them something to latch on to.

Are you looking for an excuse to go full-roadie and shave your legs?? :P

• 1 month later...

nice sized tick on my leg after this morning's ride ....  :eek:   :wacko:

it IS that time of the year ....  :whistling:

hahaha

Since I ride an enduro bike (and push it uphill every once in a while)  I get ticks on my legs as well, back when I was riding XC (and staying on the bike), even at this season, I never noticed that... I was considering going full roadie to avoid ticks, but maybe I should just be less lazy and pedal uphill instead of pushing :D

Edited by Jbr

If I were a box I was properly ticked on Friday at Hoogekraal. Ticks me off no end.  :rolleyes:  :rolleyes:  :rolleyes:  :rolleyes:  :rolleyes:  :rolleyes:  :rolleyes:  (closest emoticon to a tic)