WP DH Champs 20 October 2019

Headshot

Its at Vuurberg. I haven't managed to shuttle that place yet. What is the track like from a tech i.e steepness and jumps point of view?

• 2 weeks later...

Went last week for the shuttle day. Can’t say how it is when going fast because just started and pretty bad but the jumps aren’t very big. Steepness not horribly steep but almost always riding through some rock gardens. It’s a fun track

rough summary of the DH track

top section is 3 small gaps few berms then into the main rock garden

the first rock garden is 6/10 for difficulty-multiple lines 

fairly long aswell.

middle section of track is high speed sections with braking bumps,big berms and tables,

lower section starts going into woods a few berms and massive step-up table, then has a steep

switchback into a drop off too a tight turn 

and small double drop section after.

quite rutty from lack of maintenance (old lower DH track) not sure if it'll be used) alternative is some steep berms that are mildly easy

tracks dusty, loose and runs fast

4 small gaps and the rest is decent sized table tops with one easy roadgap

I would say clear goggles are best as all the techy stuff is under tree cover and you cant see sqaut with tinted goggles

Thanks for the info. Unfortunately I'm not going to make it this weekend. Maybe the next shuttle day instead.