Bike Fit

Chubba

Hi guys,

Been searching the forum for some direction, but cant really find any info.

Looking for a good bike fit, have an easy medial knee problem to sort out but need a professionals help.

Recommendations please - i'm based in Cape Town CBD?

Thanks,

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi, did mine at Specialized Tygerberg, they have a chap that comes in to do it, and he was good and knows his stuff. Old age made me forget his name now, sorry....

No personal experience but have heard good things about setups at TheGearChange, Mowbray.

Or how about Sports Science Institute.

Another vote for IRMA  :thumbup:   :clap:

I have some seriously bust knees !!  Thanks to Irma I have more than doubled the distances I can ride.  :thumbup:

There is a good reason her first session takes an hour.  She first makes sure what YOUR medical history is and what your issues are.  The actual adjustments to the bike happens much much later ....

PS - It is possible that she may have to opt for some "intermediate" setting.  And as your knee recovers, fine tuning the setup further.

Irma's great  :thumbup:  just a bit out of my way at the moment

Has anyone had a bike fit in Stellies? Specialized or maybe BMT? I need to book one soon and need a few suggestions 

No personal experience but have heard good things about setups at TheGearChange, Mowbray.

Have used Jeroen a couple of times, very good but just a bit pricey.

Irma's great  :thumbup:  just a bit out of my way at the moment

Has anyone had a bike fit in Stellies? Specialized or maybe BMT? I need to book one soon and need a few suggestions 

Most bike shops do some sort of bike fit, and this may be good enough for the vast majority ....

The fun starts when you have some sort of medical issue.  People such as Irma are biokeneticists (SP?), and do a proper evaluation of "the individual", then set up the bike to that persons requirements.

I would rather contact IRMA and set up a date and time works for you, and get the best possible value for money - especially if you have "twitch of sorts" ....

Another vote for Irma. I also had some knee and lower back pains that disappeared after 2 sessions with Irma. She is really passionate about what she does and will see to it that your issues are resolved for good, like she will follow up and send you articles and other content to help strengthen areas if she finds you need it, etc.

Dave George at Gear Change is solid!

Plus one for gear change. I'm made if spare parts and had a very sore piriformis (sp?) until I got my fit there.

Most bike shops do some sort of bike fit, and this may be good enough for the vast majority ....

The fun starts when you have some sort of medical issue.  People such as Irma are biokeneticists (SP?), and do a proper evaluation of "the individual", then set up the bike to that persons requirements.

I would rather contact IRMA and set up a date and time works for you, and get the best possible value for money - especially if you have "twitch of sorts" ....

Her location is also pretty cool, I drove through from Hermanus with the family and while i was being fitted they had a nice lunch and the kids had a jol at the play area.