I'm Back...this time with a difficult build.

ALFAHOLIC

I sold the Bianchi Fixie about 2 years ago, my project car needed money and there was a long list of buyers waiting for the Bianchi. I haven't had a bike eversince.

I went on a recent trip to Australia, while there already splurging on money the idea came to me, buy a bike here! I started looking for bikes and settled on a Cinelli frame, I don't know if its carbon or not, all in it weighs about 4kg, sounds carbon...but has the white painted obviously.

Its in a fair condition.

However when it came time to buy wheels, gear etc...I realized it is not a horizontal dropout. I then set on selling the frame but every time someone seemed interested I could not ascertain if the frame is indeed carbon or not.

The current decision is to keep the frame and do the horizontal drop out conversion. It'll look ugly but the rest of the bike will make up for it.

I need everything except the frame.

Someone with some knowledge care to tell me what type of frame this is please?

thanks.

post-90839-0-29804000-1570456260_thumb.jpg

post-90839-0-08198200-1570456370_thumb.jpg

post-90839-0-31739900-1570456380_thumb.jpg

When the replies came in, in my make shift mancave I have the frame infront of me on the table. I took a closer look and can see the welds now LOL,

I also see the fitment joins of the carbon into the alu frame at the rear...nice!

thanks again guys.

I would try build it first by seeing if you aren't lucky with the chain length. Then I would try with a half link chain. Then an eccentric BB. If all of that fail, then a dropout conversion. 

I would try build it first by seeing if you aren't lucky with the chain length. Then I would try with a half link chain. Then an eccentric BB. If all of that fail, then a dropout conversion. 

no need to build it up first....

https://eehouse.org/fixin/formfmu.php

click the html version...fill in numbers and see what falls in the range (blue vertical strip)

used it to determine i needed an eccentric bb for my frame lol

Edited by morneS555

no need to build it up first....

https://eehouse.org/fixin/formfmu.php

click the html version...fill in numbers and see what falls in the range (blue vertical strip)

used it to determine i needed an eccentric bb for my frame lol

Wow.......somewhere along the line the newfangled tech has left me behind........but I'm learning fast! Thanks!  :thumbup: