SA Custom Cycling kit choices

Spinnekop

That's a shame, was about to speak to them and place an order for shop/Munga kit. Was also looking at Enjoy or BioRacer.

I have been using bioracer for corporate race kit - bibs are really really good

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi All. Happy to provide further details and a costing to anyone interested. We’re proud sponsors to the Dormakaba and DSV teams and suppliers to Sani, Berg & Bush and The U. We’re 10 years strong and run a vertical operation bulit on athlete feedback and local commitment.

Please Check us out enjoy.cc.

Hi Spinnekop

You are right that we are not up to our usual standards. Cycling is a seasonal sport and with that there are peaks and troughs. There are many events currently with demand for small team orders that take much time in the design department. It's cycling mad right now with W2W, DC, 947, etc. - We NEVER want to give anyone the feeling that we don't want their business, especially since we have made kit for 3 years for you - Anyway we have spoken on the phone so I hope we can resolve this. This reply is merely to respond so that the thread can be updated. - We are sorry for the extended lead times and artwork delays, we hope you allow us to try fix it. 

CIOVITA

They've been making our kit for 3 years now but they seem not to want our business for next year.  Don't wan to "intrude" on their busy schedule so it seems I am hunting for new manufacturer.

Having worn both kits for the last few years, i honestly feel like their neighbors Enjoy Fitness have overtaken them.

Enjoy's overall quality/value has improved massively and are one of the better local manufacturers IMO.

Bang for buck, I think VYE is also hard to beat at the moment. Decent quality (they still improving) and their pricing compared to the other guys are "dirt cheap".

Agreed...

Anatomic, has been my favourite bib I've worn over enjoy and vye!

Of the 3 that has made our kit

Anatomic , Enjoy and Vye

My money is on Enjoy!

Rapid, unfortunately the owner their was extremely difficult to work with and then he was rude to our sponsor so i refuse to support them.

Ciovita ending up sending my 1st parcel to someone on the other side of Cape Town, as my expectations of the jersey i bought was higher. Still a decent jersey though.

Velotex, just keep hassling me with emails and phone calls, a bit desperate! Their kit quality i recall about 8-10years ago was the best around, but they've fallen under the radar a bit with the emerging of all the new others

I have been using bioracer for corporate race kit - bibs are really really good

YES! Had two pairs of their bibs a while back, supremely comfortable. Lost one at an Air BnB drycleaners and the other during a 'dirt quality check' on the trail.

Their tops are some of my favourite, great cut and fit without too many gimmicks. Plus they last, still have some my Tread MTB tops.

The Enjoy Climber bibs are right up there for me, chose a size too tight I think. But they are so good on long days, hot or cold.

Between Enjoy and Ciovita I'm really happy with the quality and comfort of their stuff, come along ways. Imho they represent the better options of what's locally available.

Anatomic get a bad rap but the stuff is decent and despite some small details I don't like, there are some gems in the range. Especially with the wind/rain shell jackets and gillets.

Velotex finishing quality is much improved but the design is very dated unfortunately. Carry stock of both and unfortunately just doesn't move. 

FA and CS, don't even go there!

Lassen in Durban are good option too.  Their new premium fabric is awesome and in my opinion they make some of the best bibs available.

• 1 month later...

We have corporate customers that will wear nothing else than Velotex custom cycling gear - www.velotex.com. Having Johnny Koen as the owner of Velotex and one of the founders of custom cycle gear in SA by your side, assisting you and guiding you is a definite bonus. Top of the range quality gear, comfortable and with a great heritage from an ex-pro and current race commentator. You won't find cheap and nasty from Velotex and that is maybe the reason why they are the official cycling apparel partners of the Cape Town Cycle Tour. They added a nice Design Your Own custom design functionality as part of their online store that is of great assistance and received great reviews from our clients.

Will recommend them to all our clients!

An update on our custom kit for reference which came about almost by accident.
We had a visit from Italian based GSG - Giessegi (https://www.giessegi.com)
I was a bit apprehensive as we'd never even heard of them before, and I'd put a fair amount of design work in.

But they brought some samples for us to try out and I researched the company a bit. Turns out the company was founded in the 80s by a former pro and they supply a couple pro teams across cycling. WT, CX, World Cup MTB etc...
The sample kit was a win and the bibs served me well on the 178km Mini Munga. The top is by far one of the most comfortable I've worn, comparable to the Bioracer with a similar fabric and cut. We did opt for the most expensive top on a minimum order though  :mellow: 
Seemless sleeves in a high density weave bio ceramic fabric on the front and sleeves, side panels are a square blocked fine mesh with a slightly more open weave on the back for heat management. Not too open though to all any sunburn on the back. 
The pockets are slightly more loose than I'd like for MTB but the overall fit and function is exceptionally comfortable. 
We're really happy and had an early delivery despite really tight deadlines as we finalised my design with their design and factory team in Italy. 

https://skfb.ly/6OqCu

post-2147-0-33991100-1574624070_thumb.png

post-2147-0-66981700-1574624082_thumb.png

post-2147-0-75490700-1574624091_thumb.png

post-2147-0-83665700-1574624103_thumb.jpg