Martin Zietsman

Want to see what Team SA got up to at the EWS Trophy of Nations? Hit the Youtube link above...

Myself (Martin Zietsman), Matt Lombardi and Jason Boulle had the privilege of representing South Africa at the first ever Enduro World Series Trophy of Nations, held in Finale Ligure, Italy on the 29th of September.

We put together a video showcasing all the behind-the-scenes action leading up to the race, from arriving there, to our play day exploring the local trails, the goosebumps moments during the Nations Teams Parade, the fun we had practicing the stages and the action on race day.

The Trophy of Nations pitted teams comprising the top 3 ranked riders from each nation against each other in a 1-day race to crown the overall World Champions. All 3 riders on each team had to drop into each stage within a 1 minute window and the times of all 3 riders are then combined to provide the final result. The winning team is the team with the shortest total combined time over the 5 stages...simple as that.

We hope you enjoy the show....

Nice one Martin. You guys represented and did us proud. 

Trails looked unbelievable, although I'd probably die a thousand deaths down there. The whole event must have been an amazing experience. The event actually captures what Mountain biking is to most of us so well. Riding great trails with mates followed by a beer!

Matt seemed to be on form all day. Deserving SA champ, such natural talent!

Great edit and thanks for sharing!

Edited by Bos

Nice one Martin. You guys represented and did us proud. 

Trails looked unbelievable, although I'd probably die a thousand deaths down there. The whole event must have been an amazing experience. The event actually captures what Mountain biking is to most of us so well. Riding great trails with mates followed by a beer!

Matt seemed to be on form all day. Deserving SA champ, such natural talent!

Great edit and thanks for sharing!

Thanks dude. It really was a brilliant event. Racing in a 3-man team like that was unlike anything I've experienced before and it made for very exciting competition. Even the lead-up to the race with our play days and training day was such awesome fun! I tried to get this across in my video edit and I think I just about got it right.

I really hope I get to do the race again next year!

...and yes, Matt rode so well. He definitely deserved the national title!

Thanks dude. It really was a brilliant event. Racing in a 3-man team like that was unlike anything I've experienced before and it made for very exciting competition. Even the lead-up to the race with our play days and training day was such awesome fun! I tried to get this across in my video edit and I think I just about got it right.

I really hope I get to do the race again next year!

...and yes, Matt rode so well. He definitely deserved the national title!

Enjoyed it too, thanks for representing us and a great vid. I didn't even know there was an RSA team.

Lol, "Buono vibrazioni"