Enduro Gauteng

Matu

Hi guys,

Noob alert here.

I have been following Enduro Western Cape events and coverage.

It looks amazing and plenty fun.

Now my questions... is there any such events like EWC in Gauteng?

There has been talk of a few potential Enduro races that could start up. Buffelsdrift for example have (or will soon) host a race on their 6 brand new Enduro stages. Then I believe the guys at Iron Throne are also looking to organise a race there. Maybe if there is enough interest in the singular events, they might consider turning it into a series.

Thanks guys

I am definately not fully prepared, have an entry level hard tails but would love to see what this discipline is all about!

I will check the mentioned!

There has been talk of a few potential Enduro races that could start up. Buffelsdrift for example have (or will soon) host a race on their 6 brand new Enduro stages. Then I believe the guys at Iron Throne are also looking to organise a race there. Maybe if there is enough interest in the singular events, they might consider turning it into a series.

I didn't know that Buffelsdrift is looking into some DH expansion. Do you have any info or news about this?

I didn't know that Buffelsdrift is looking into some DH expansion. Do you have any info or news about this?

I can see what I can find, last time I was there 5 of the 6 Enduro stages were open. They aren't very hectic technicality wise (I was just on a trail bike), except maybe for the ski jump which is on stage 6 I think. As far as I know though all 6 stages are now open and ready for riding. If you know Buffels well, then you will know the concrete climb. The stages all start around there, just after you reach the top.

I'm definitely keen to try out Buffels. never been there.

Can't go wrong with DRI: Short tracks, lots of shuttle runs and good turn outs. Essentially a DH event that's perfect for any level, any bike.

Harties enduro would be incredible and pretty tough. The track is developing nicely, but slowly as I don't think the interest is properly there, due to it being pretty gnarly and catering mainly to a brave few.

It has the potential to be absolutely incredible given a few more lines and track derivatives.

Can't wait for there to be a few more features and flow lines, just to rest my poor hands and brakes now and then.

When I dis the trailseeker there earlier this year there were a few signs saying Enduro and an arrow so they have some lines already.

I'm definitely keen to try out Buffels. never been there.

Can't go wrong with DRI: Short tracks, lots of shuttle runs and good turn outs. Essentially a DH event that's perfect for any level, any bike.

Harties enduro would be incredible and pretty tough. The track is developing nicely, but slowly as I don't think the interest is properly there, due to it being pretty gnarly and catering mainly to a brave few.

It has the potential to be absolutely incredible given a few more lines and track derivatives.

Can't wait for there to be a few more features and flow lines, just to rest my poor hands and brakes now and then.

Dude you need to go. They had some lekker lines when we did the race there. Not sure if they are the enduro lines but they were fast, bermy, rocky, techy, small jumpy lines. Good fun.