947 MTB Challenge 2019

Chadvdw67

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

If anyone still looking for an entry please DM me. Not giving them away for free though. I got entries for both MTB and road, and I wanna bail

Really hope the weather stays cooler for this weekend, maybe even a bit of rain on Sunday morning like happened at the Macsteel national at Carnival last weekend, that would make it pretty sweet

Edited by Chadvdw67

Hey guys, quick question for a noob, I've picked up my race number and racetec chip, first time I'm doing a race so only got one now. The chip comes with a plastic adapter thing to put behind the bolt of the wheel quick release and they say you HAVE to use that or buy an ankle strap, problem is my bike doesn't have a bolt like that so can't really put it there the way they want so can I just cable tie it to my fork or something?

Hey guys, quick question for a noob, I've picked up my race number and racetec chip, first time I'm doing a race so only got one now. The chip comes with a plastic adapter thing to put behind the bolt of the wheel quick release and they say you HAVE to use that or buy an ankle strap, problem is my bike doesn't have a bolt like that so can't really put it there the way they want so can I just cable tie it to my fork or something?

jip.

or you can fix it to your shoe (velcro strap)

So got boosted from group 12 to 5. So much cooler. Just make sure on your number that you get, seeding still shows me as group 12.

Cable tie it to the fork

I am a little confused, I went to collect my number yesterday, but I didnt recieve any chip as such, just the number board? I paid for a chip when I registered for the race though, or is the number board the chip?

I am a little confused, I went to collect my number yesterday, but I didnt recieve any chip as such, just the number board? I paid for a chip when I registered for the race though, or is the number board the chip?

There was a table next to the race pack collection tables where they handed out the chips. I'm not too sure but the pack said No CHIP NO RIDE

You meant to get the chip when you collect the race pack. However , they won’t check that your bike has a chip tomorrow. Just means you won’t have an official time or any time for that matter. You can still ride

Ah flip, they never said anything when I got the pack, I still asked the guy who handed the pack to me if that is everything and he said yes, so I left

Ah flip, they never said anything when I got the pack, I still asked the guy who handed the pack to me if that is everything and he said yes, so I left

Racetec will be at venue tomorrow so just go through early and pick up the chip. Don't forget to take a couple of cable ties to fasten it to your fork

Racetec will be at venue tomorrow so just go through early and pick up the chip. Don't forget to take a couple of cable ties to fasten it to your fork

Thanks, will head there a little earlier than I was planning then