947 MTB Challenge 2019

Chadvdw67

The other thing that irked me, has nothing to do with route or organizers though.

Even after having asked everyone to PLEASE NOT THROW YOUR RUBBISH ON THE TRAILS, there were still cunch of bunts throwing wrappers, sachets and bottles on the route, really, how hard can it be to just put the damn things back in a pocket and then dump it at the next water point or at the end?

Friends of Suikerbosrand FB group posted something similar to this (obs not 947 MTB related). I'm very anxious that if people keep littering they'll just shut the reserve altogether for cyclists, and that would deal a huge blow to us in the Souf. 

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

When it was still pouring with rain after 9pm I dropped the handbrake at my sister's 30th and woke up with a blazing hangover so I just rolled over and went back to sleep 

Now I'm feeling pretty bleak that I missed it  :(

With the amount of rain we had in Alberhoughton Saturday night I'm surprised how little mud there actually was on the route [emoji16]

Feel my m0er off on that little wooden slippery down along the river in Northern Farm but other than that enjoyed it

I enjoyed this years route traffic flowed much better than previously, I think smaller groups helped, I started in A8. I will be back next year.

Edited by Javas X

With the amount of rain we had in Alberhoughton Saturday night I'm surprised how little mud there actually was on the route [emoji16]

Feel my m0er off on that little wooden slippery down along the river in Northern Farm but other than that enjoyed it

you didn't happen to break your right hand side brake lever off your bike?

I very almost came off going down that wooden ramp! 

I very almost came off going down that wooden ramp!

Was that the bridge where the marshall/medic was saying "look up stay up, look down go down?"

I did the 25km with my daughter. Must say it was a real nice route and we enjoyed the time out.

yes there was a few bottlenecks but she didnt have a good seeding so I am not going to complain about that.

overall it was a great ride

Was that the bridge where the marshall/medic was saying "look up stay up, look down go down?"

Think he is referring to the little ramp down to the river

Has anyone been able to claim vitality points for this? I can't find anything on the Discovery website

i think vitality points take up to 4 days to reflect. maybe give them a shout after wednesday

Remember that once you get to 35000 points for events/training during the year, your points count for events and training comes to stop. You can't get beyond silver just by events and training.

i think vitality points take up to 4 days to reflect. maybe give them a shout after wednesday

I got my vitality active points with the HR being above a certain amount but was under the impression we could claim points for the event too or something

I live in the area of the old Lion Park and we have received this warning. The part of the route that goes on the R114 past the old lion park is going past this informal settlement.

I hope the Police and the organizers are making arrangements to protect riders.post-40951-0-49185100-1573727983_thumb.jpeg

I got my vitality active points with the HR being above a certain amount but was under the impression we could claim points for the event too or something

Just stumbled across this while getting my final instructions for Sunday, we should be getting bonus points for all the Ride Joburg Races. 

post-135922-0-47526100-1573729925_thumb.jpg