Slicks for MTB

Hi Guys,

We have signed up to do the CT Cycle tour next year. Will be doing it with the wife and just want to check on this road tyre sizing thing. I have 29mm internal width rims, what road tyre size will fit that? 700x40c?

I would have no idea and would appreciate any sort of advice other than running my DHR2's on tar.

Thank you

Thank you! So 700x35c is fine to run on my 29mm rims :) Got a friend who has some for me but thought they we too narrow. Not to bothered how they look, its only for the road :)

Thank you! So 700x35c is fine to run on my 29mm rims :) Got a friend who has some for me but thought they we too narrow. Not to bothered how they look, its only for the road :)

Depending on rim width I wouldn't go too narrow - 35 on 29mm may be at risk of blowing off the bead at decent pressure. I'd stick to 40 + if you can.

Try Farr Dot gravel tyres. They are a bit heavy, but they roll very fast on the road and can be set up tubeless.

They are 45c, so will be wide enough for your rims.

Cool, evo bikes stocks them (Do they need tubes hahahaha). Thank you for all your assistance guys. Special group on here.

I run Continental slick  40s; on my MTB . I use it daily as my road training bike . They are tubeless pumped 4 bar so they really roll fast on tar . I find they are about 3 to 4 kph faster on average over st distances . 

Cool, evo bikes stocks them (Do they need tubes hahahaha). Thank you for all your assistance guys. Special group on here.

You can also get them direct from Farr's online store.

They don't need tubes. I currently have them set up tubeless on my gravel bike and they work great.

I run Continental slick  40s; on my MTB . I use it daily as my road training bike . They are tubeless pumped 4 bar so they really roll fast on tar . I find they are about 3 to 4 kph faster on average over st distances . 

Where about did you buy them?

Where about did you buy them?

I bought them off The Hub almost new back then . Im sure some of the bike shops should have . . Its a very reliable tyre so far . I've done more than  10,000 km on them with only one puncture and hardly any visible wear on the tread . 

Try Farr Dot gravel tyres. They are a bit heavy, but they roll very fast on the road and can be set up tubeless.

They are 45c, so will be wide enough for your rims.

I punt these so much Farr might give me a job. I run these on my gravel hardtail and they roll super well on tar. They are not light but they are bulletproof. The 45c is a perfect width for me