JHB Safest Race 95km = R2.57

Crater Cruise 65km = R2.32

Crater Cruise 101km = R1.45

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I know R245 is a lot but in the bigger scheme of things' date=' I think its worth it. It still costs more than R245 per cyclist to put the event on the road.

?

If you think back to the early 94.7's when you had to make your way through vehicles, fighting with the Sunday morning shoppers who could care less for cyclists.

?

I would'nt mind it being a bit cheaper but its still a great race
[/quote']

really? sjoe, that ms harford is a nice lady...

Cape Epic? Work ou those costs- not just entry- Pre race training and races in preperation, travel expences, drinks, gels, tyres, we are talking ANYTHING up to R45 000. Now- Were does the 94.7 entry leave you?

It'll be interesting to see what the entries for this year will be.  If the poll here is anything to go by there should be a fair drop in numbers.

Not comparing as you put it- Putting costs into perspective- These roadies complain too much- Thats why I recon we are in another class- But putting that aside- iF YOU WANT TO ENJOY WHAT YOU DO, MONEY DOES NOT MATTER...

Lets look at some races from a cost/km point of view:

Bekker Bundu Bash  65km = R2.15 per km

Apples and apples. Complete the sentence please.
David #72008-09-16 12:29:07

Its all in pesrpective, the longer one ride the more one pays (fun fairs, go carts etc). The way i see it at R245.00 i get more value than the sub3 speedies, and those riding 5hrs or more really get good value.

• 1 month later...

Tanya Harford said yesterday in her interview on the supercycling show they're paying for the infrastructure on the property where the race will finish. Maybe that's why the entry is so expensive, she building a new finish venue.

(Will I get discount if I buy a house there, having invested in the place already?)

Why did the Kyalami venue go sour years ago?

To my knowledge Kyalami got new owners and they had different ideas than the 94.7 organisers and think they wanted to charge too much for holding the event there.

Tanya Harford said yesterday in her interview on the supercycling show they're paying for the infrastructure on the property where the race will finish. Maybe that's why the entry is so expensive' date=' she building a new finish venue.

(Will I get discount if I buy a house there, having invested in the place already?)

Why did the Kyalami venue go sour years ago?
[/quote']

I've heard (not sure how true), that Kyalami suddenly wanted a lot more money for the finish to happen there. So they not only lost the finish, but also the expo.

Its all in pesrpective' date=' the longer one ride the more one pays (fun fairs, go carts etc). The way i see it at R245.00 i get more value than the sub3 speedies, and those riding 5hrs or more really get good value.

[/quote']

Then you should do 2 laps to get real value for money

cheap cheap... you lucky freakin cyclists Ironman 8.85/km, Energade tri - R4 /kmDeadDeadDead But, I'll rather do 10 IMs than one 94.7!Big%20smile

cheap cheap... you lucky freakin cyclists Ironman 8.85/km' date=' Energade tri - R4 /kmDeadDeadDead But, I'll rather do 10 IMs than one 94.7!Big%20smile

[/quote']

Aaahhh common Cervelo, 94.7 can't be that tough smiley2.gifsmiley36.gif

cheap cheap... you lucky freakin cyclists Ironman 8.85/km' date=' Energade tri - R4 /kmDeadDeadDead But, I'll rather do 10 IMs than one 94.7!Big%20smile

[/quote']

Aaahhh common Cervelo, 94.7 can't be that tough smiley2.gifsmiley36.gif

hey, that race...DeadDead   LOL

speak of that, I believe the etwerpTongue is aiming for a sub 3, wonder if he's gonna beat my time! Won't be nice!
cervelo2008-10-29 03:48:57