Meet the new Bike Hub

Bike Hub Features

I can't help but wonder what the 24th most popular device was?

Amazon. The Fire tablets.

What? Seriously? :eek:

I was surprised too. They did only accounted for 0.07% of all mobile users in September though.

I'm assuming those are the latest Android types and not the BB OS one's from years back so just another generic smartphone like the latest Nokia's ....

Interesting question. It's actually an equal split between BB OS and the new Android types. So 50 users on each.

Ok, I know I started it but mobile device question time is over. Back on topic  ;)

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Amazon. The Fire tablets.

I was surprised too. They did only accounted for 0.07% of all mobile users in September though.

Interesting question. It's actually an equal split between BB OS and the new Android types. So 50 users on each.

Ok, I know I started it but mobile device question time is over. Back on topic  ;)

Soooo much more questions regarding this...but can't wait for the new BikeHub.

When you make some changes in the other section could we PLEASE have a "DISLIKE" button please !!!!!

Pretty please - I have seen it work well in some other forums.

if memory serves .. way back when ... we used to have this function.

Your memory may well be better than mine, but I seem to recall it was discussed but never implemented.

Although this announcement and the change is very Classifieds focussed, what's equally exciting for us is what that enables in terms of the forum platform which now sits on a decidedly outdated version.

The current Classifieds platform is built into a standard forum/community package which has meant we couldn't upgrade the core package without rebuilding Classifieds.

No to get too technical, but by stripping out Classifieds into a standalone (but integrated) system we remove that dependancy and can finally update the forum software and thereafter apply minor updates more regularly.

For those opposed to change there will be some adjustment, but since the underlying platform remains the same it will feel familiar. 

As a small example, uploading images to the forum from the mobile site is currently not possible. Given that more than 50% of site traffic is from a mobile device that update should be a big win for all. 

We expect the forum update to take place in Q1 2020.

Your memory may well be better than mine, but I seem to recall it was discussed but never implemented.

Although this announcement and the change is very Classifieds focussed, what's equally exciting for us is what that enables in terms of the forum platform which now sits on a decidedly outdated version.

The current Classifieds platform is built into a standard forum/community package which has meant we couldn't upgrade the core package without rebuilding Classifieds.

No to get too technical, but by stripping out Classifieds into a standalone (but integrated) system we remove that dependancy and can finally update the forum software and thereafter apply minor updates more regularly.

For those opposed to change there will be some adjustment, but since the underlying platform remains the same it will feel familiar.

As a small example, uploading images to the forum from the mobile site is currently not possible. Given that more than 50% of site traffic is from a mobile device that update should be a big win for all.

So does this mean I can finally drop tapatalk and log on via chrome?

Soon!!

And, add a touch of red... #yesplease #dollopofred

Does this count? :whistling:

Screenshot 2019-10-16 at 10.56.38.png

Yes for this!

No more excuses for no piktjas!

For goodness sake, whatever you do, please do not loose any of the posts on the Lady Pro's thread ... .... or the curse of a thousand punctures may befall you!

I dumped tapatalk long ago and use chrome. If I need to upload a picture via the phone then I select desktop and load. But viewing in desktop format is not as good as mobile site. What does suck big time on mobile is finding the forums and once you in a forum then going back to another forum.

Does Admin have any pictures of what the old original hub looked like?

Sorri meant Bikehub.... but technically in those days it was the hub

Edited by SwissVan

They're floating around somewhere.

In the early days we were yellow  :o

They're floating around somewhere.

In the early days we were yellow  :o

Some gaps in between and patchy screenshots....

Circa 2004 (courtesy of https://archive.org)

Screenshot 2019-10-16 at 15.33.18.png

Logo: 2005 - 2010

main-logo.gif

Screenshot 2019-10-16 at 15.36.28.png

Screenshot 2019-10-16 at 15.38.38.png