2020 Tour de France

pista

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Wout won the stage with an incredible display of sprinting. After his sherpa duties on stage 4, he is in fantastic form. The other Wout, however, earns the red dossard for battling on in the tour with a broken rib.It was a strange day when the break never went and the peloton opted for intensity in the fat-burning zone.

The peculiar sport that is professional cycling.

Pic by Jared Gruber

2020-tour-de-france-stage5-kramon-15-128

Shame he really struggles along every day.

Gibbons is also riding with broken ribs. These guys really are pretty tough mentally to be able to do it and make it still look easy.

If they have a another go slow again today..I might DNF the stage

I watch the slow boring stuff with it on one screen on mute, and listening to or watching the previous day's collection of podcasts from Wedu. Makes it a good afternoon's entertainment.

I love what they have done with his helmet. Sticks out well, especially from the front when he is pulling the peloton.

It is extremely hard to miss. Love that it gives the commentators (and us fans) an easy way to identify him.

I don’t think today will be boring. I think DQS are pissed off and will use the wind today to their advantage.

However, it may also be a cruise to the last climb which is a quality climb.

Not trusting you again, yesterday was exciting from 100m out not 100km out. 

I don’t think today will be boring. I think DQS are pissed off and will use the wind today to their advantage.

However, it may also be a cruise to the last climb which is a quality climb.

Repeat of Vuelta 2019...Stage 17?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=au1TfLPi_k4

Probably not exactly the same, 50.3km/h average for that stage. But maybe the penalty has awakened the beast that is DQS.

Gusts of up to 30km/h expected, so we might get some fun yet. If someone gets away, it will be hard work trying to catch them with large portions being tailwind.

Wout won the stage with an incredible display of sprinting. After his sherpa duties on stage 4, he is in fantastic form. The other Wout, however, earns the red dossard for battling on in the tour with a broken rib.It was a strange day when the break never went and the peloton opted for intensity in the fat-burning zone.

The peculiar sport that is professional cycling.

Pic by Jared Gruber

2020-tour-de-france-stage5-kramon-15-128

Pavel Sivakov is also battling on and has been riding as the Lantern Rouge since the third day. Hopefully he and Poels will recover sufficiently over the next week or so to be able to support their leaders when the going gets tough in the last week. It is probably the only reason why they are carrying on.

I never saw it, what did he do?

He got told on the bus on the way to their digs that he was given yellow in default. He basically acknowledged that Alaphilippe was the real leader but for the transgression.

He got told on the bus on the way to their digs that he was given yellow in default. He basically acknowledged that Alaphilippe was the real leader but for the transgression.

He had a podium presentation though,? Edited by Gen

And if you REALLY need a bottle, then let one of the team members take the bottle and then pass it on to JA. Problem solved.

I suspect that the point where they wanted to provide the last feed was filled with spectators so they just kept moving along till they found a suitably social distancing spot but didn't take note of the distance to the finish. Probably an amateur mistake but an easy one to make in these COVID times