pista

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Seems he might need to withdraw.

Indeeed suspected broken wrist.

Indeed Mollema has now officially abandoned according to Eurosport/GCN.

Gibbons and Caleb Ewan is also back in the Peloton. Seems that Mollema/Bardet crash gave them a chance to get back.

Peloton is now 8min50 behind the leaders.

Eurosport/GCN are having a pretty interesting discussion regarding concussion due to them thinking that the police officer who guarded Bardet while he was getting up from his crash was indicated he hit his head. I wonder what everyone thinks about it: should guys get a concession test if they had a fall and a head injury is suspected? Personally I also wouldn't mind hearing John Wakefield's opinion on this.

Personally I think a way does need to be found to check any potential head injuries as a result of a crash and ideally it should be done quickly enough to allow the rider to get back should the doctor consider him to be ok to race on. How exactly will probably require a bit of a balance between medical necessity and allowing fair competition without stretching organisers resources.

Eurosport/GCN are having a pretty interesting discussion regarding concussion due to them thinking that the police officer who guarded Bardet while he was getting up from his crash was indicated he hit his head. I wonder what everyone thinks about it: should guys get a concession test if they had a fall and a head injury is suspected? Personally I also wouldn't mind hearing John Wakefield's opinion on this.

Personally I think a way does need to be found to check any potential head injuries as a result of a crash and ideally it should be done quickly enough to allow the rider to get back should the doctor consider him to be ok to race on. How exactly will probably require a bit of a balance between medical necessity and allowing fair competition without stretching organisers resources.

There are concussion protocols in place.

That is the aspect that I don't understand fully.

Who decides whether it is Coefficient 2, 3 or 4 today? And how is that decided? (I can see that today is not Coefficient 1, 5 or 6)

It was in the rules, but I can’t find it. I remember accessing from their website from my days of organising the Fantasy TdF game.

They would list the points on offer for each stage, coefficient for each stage and more.

Sam Bennett dropping out the back of the Peloton now. Plenty of climbing till the end of the stage still...

Peloton is 9mins behind the break. No Bonus seconds will then come into play for GC today.

If I listen to Ian Boswell talk, he said there aren’t sufficient protocols in place. He retired from the WT after suffering plenty headaches as a result ongoing concussion from a “minor” crash.

From the way that Rob Hatch, Daniel Lloyd, and Johnathan Harris Bass were talking about it, the feeling I got left with is that cycling's response to this is very insufficient and way beyond other elite sports and that it needs to be addressed better than what is currently happening.

Who are the two commentators on Supersport?

I really appreciate that they cater for newcomers and first time viewers by explaining concepts/happenings in a simple manner.

If I listen to Ian Boswell talk, he said there aren’t sufficient protocols in place. He retired from the WT after suffering plenty headaches as a result ongoing concussion from a “minor” crash.

I know Connor Dunne did an interview for GCN with a rider who retired from the sport for the same reason, can't remember the guy's name so there's a possibility that it is Ian Boswell who he interviewed! And yes a very similar view was expressed in that video about the need to do more.