2020 Tour de France

pista

Shame Bernal won't start today.. given what he said about his pain yesterday it's best.. hope he heals up ..so young still many chances will still come his way ..Nice guy.

Something about his back still, impacting his knees because of how he has had to ride. He seems to have been riding very awkwardly, crouched down,not too mention the painful grimacing:o

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Was wondering the same  :P.

But even Vuelta is a quick turn around for Bernal, maybe just reduce his workload for the next while to see how he responds instead of throwing him right back into a 3 week GT.

I will not be surprised if Carapaz and/or Sivakov go(es) to the Vuelta. It is very unlikely that Froome will be ready to act as the sole leader if they are serious to win the race.

I will not be surprised if Carapaz and/or Sivakov go(es) to the Vuelta. It is very unlikely that Froome will be ready to act as the sole leader if they are serious to win the race.

I think a Sivakov-Carapaz assault could be quite good for them at the Vuelta.

Gee to go for the Giro. Maybe take Tao Gagen Hart as 2IC.

Bernal maybe go race some one-day events if he feels recovered. 

Stage 17 summary:

"Both Primoz Roglic and Tadej Pogacar who occupy the first two places of the overall classification spoke about stage 17 as the queen stage of this year’s Tour de France. They’ve recced the unprecedented uphill to col de la Loze. After the lockdown period, the Jumbo-Visma team made Tignes their permanent training camp, so it wasn’t far for Roglic to go to col de la Loze several times. It’s a fairly new road. It’s actually a ski slope that has been recently asphalted for mountain bikes to go from Méribel to Courchevel and vice versa"

This has Roglic written all over it  :P

It probably will have..

There is the threat of thunderstorms today.

It’s the queen stage after all. It is 2020 after all.

Anybody know where this comes from and who decides whether it is the Queen stage or not? Riders, organisers?

I see Pog and Rog said they consider it the queen stage, but I'm sure one of the earlier ones were called that by the commentators?

Kilometer 0 is at 12h30.

Might be a fast start between BORA and DQS and all the others that still want to take a stage.

Anybody know where this comes from and who decides whether it is the Queen stage or not? Riders, organisers?

I see Pog and Rog said they consider it the queen stage, but I'm sure one of the earlier ones were called that by the commentators?

IICR it is the stage with the most amount of altitude gain. Or the highest point of the race.

IICR it is the stage with the most amount of altitude gain. Or the highest point of the race.

Whoever wins today's stage will also get the Henri Desgrange (however his surname is spelt) prize which always given at the climb with highest altitude in the Tour. It just so happens to be the finish line of today's stage. You'll see the annotation in the gradient pictures that Vetplant shared.

#TDF2020 - Trentin attacking with Bennett in the wheel now. Sagan can't follow because is coming back after the mechanical.

156 to go.

Not the most ideal time to get a mechanical..but it's okay.. he is back in the bunch and Trentin and Sam didn't go very far.

Can every just leave Thomas De Beast alone to.. Jissie man we've all be waiting all tour for him to do his thing..

2 more need to go across..... Get 3 or 4 in the break to help him.

I really want him to win today.... Expecting the teams to launch a big move shortly

Can every just leave Thomas De Beast alone to.. Jissie man we've all be waiting all tour for him to do his thing..

2 more need to go across..... Get 3 or 4 in the break to help him.

I really want him to win today.... Expecting the teams to launch a big move shortly

i was reflecting on why De Gent hasn't gone on his usual attacks like in the past for this tour and would like to hear the hubbers opinion on this.

Could it be his holding back because he doesnt want to put additional pressure on Caleb Ewan to make the time cuts?????

i was reflecting on why De Gent hasn't gone on his usual attacks like in the past for this tour and would like to hear the hubbers opinion on this.

Could it be his holding back because he doesnt want to put additional pressure on Caleb Ewan to make the time cuts?????

IMHO it is a combination of a few things. 

There haven't really been any 'BIG' ridiculous days for him as well as the fact that the racing has been so fast and furious that his slow death breaks haven't been given a chance to go.

I don't think this tour has suited him. 

I like your idea that he hasn't attacked long range so that he doesn't make it too hard for Caleb to make his time cuts!!!