Best flanno / plaid / lumber jack MTB shirts

T-Bob

Wondering what the local options are like for the classic short sleeved flannel style riding shirt. 

I know Club Roost make some as do Zoic, Flylow and Morevelo. Fox / TLD seem to do more winter long sleeve ones but I saw one of the dudes sporting a pretty nice one in the All Ride review of the U stage race and wondered what I could get here in SA before looking overseas

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

the hipsters have arrived......

Fashion police in the house.

Have a feeling it’s now retro as the flannel shirt has been about for about as long as okes have been in the mountains.

I’ve got a couple of club roost in ones I got a few years back from CRC for a steal. They have been pretty good but the zips are a bit ***. New ones look better. I have a Morevlo overland one on order.

Edited by Yo-Yo

the hipsters have arrived......

ive been told i look like a Cape Town hipster (even though I ain't one. KZN - GP born and bred) I ride (and work for that matter) in WTF i want lol. it is only an insult if I let you :whistling:

I also wear suspenders. But under my shirt. Works a charm too, as the pants is always in the same place, doesnt drop meaning you constantly readjusting it.

As for flannel summer shirts. I bought those technical shirts or hiking shirts with the vent panel and the extra long collar to protect you neck. It works lekker on the bike. Its not plaid tho.

i just reuse all my old one's from 2012 lol. i kill them in 2 or 3 rides anyway. :lol:.

i killed 2 in one weekend, when they grab onto branches they just go...

post-64325-0-62714800-1571156296_thumb.gif

Edited by morneS555