2020 Olympic XCO

Hairy

is there a test event?

I think they had one recently ... a couple riders came off on some sections ... memory serves Kate C had to get stitches in her knee ...

I think they had one recently ... a couple riders came off on some sections ... memory serves Kate C had to get stitches in her knee ...

Yip, think Pauline broke her nose as well or was that a different event?

One other factor is going to be the weather: it is serious hot & humid in August there, unbearable even to locals.  Nothing like the fine mild weather they had a few weeks ago at the rest event.

Narrow twists and turns, should be fun

That pump track section looks awesome as well, great combination of features.

One other factor is going to be the weather: it is serious hot & humid in August there, unbearable even to locals. Nothing like the fine mild weather they had a few weeks ago at the rest event.

I heard they moved the Olympic marathon (running) to another location specifically because of this

I heard they moved the Olympic marathon (running) to another location specifically because of this

Into the mountains? that's the only place one can get relief apparently..

Recent World Champ in Doha was a wake up call.

The Track Cycling staduim is in the same area as the mtb course. I considered going but  prices of just about everything around that time are crazy, and I have no desire to suffer in that heat. I been to Philippines plenty at the peak of their summer  and its so limiting. Plus its Typhoon Season and the peak of the monsoon rainy season, hot humid kuk vis  ... nooit!

I'd love to kiss it all better.. 

I don't know how they ride over some of the features. gopro makes terrain look flat, but even in the video you can see the serious drop offs. Mind blown!

it does, I wonder why that is.....? 

For me it was the combo of fast single track through the trees, tight hairpin bends and BIG ROCKS!

I still have nightmares about that course. One of my top 5 worst days on a bike.