Throwback Thursday...... When We Were Young

Bonus

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

was that not Northen's Club kit? i rode for them back 86/87 was run by Mr Parsons ( Colin Parsons Father)

Actually not, it was a Le Coq shirt. 

Remember the Parson's gang well.  I 1st rode for Typo in '83-'84, then for a club that Hennie Wentzel sponsored (perhaps Northerns??), Then rode for Maties '86-'88.

So I should know you well :-)

That was my 2nd best year ever at the Argus. 2:43 and few seconds - 4th junior!!

Ertjies won!

You the likes of Moolman Welgemoed, Colin Parsons and Kevin Green to fight it out with :eek:  

Actually not, it was a Le Coq shirt. 

Remember the Parson's gang well.  I 1st rode for Typo in '83-'84, then for a club that Hennie Wentzel sponsored (perhaps Northerns??), Then rode for Maties '86-'88.

So I should know you well :-)

Really only two cool Clubs in the cape at the time City Cycling and Northern's

my first mtb race circa 1997 in Citrusdal ... it was also the first day I used clipless pedals, fitted the morning of the ride.

I SHOULD NEVER HAVE SOLD THAT GARY FISHER HOO KOO E KOO!

EDIT: Still have that vermaak shirt :) ... and it still fits, well mostly :P

think I was there, wasn't a fun day.

think I was there, wasn't a fun day.

We camped out the night before, it was raining like no one business with the bikes standing outside ... after that ride the old quadra 21R never worked properly again.

Back when i did my first Argus Cycle Tour it had a total of 3494 entrants. 

Well done you Youngster!!!

By the time I did my first one they have upgraded dot-matrix to laser printing!  :D

If you are 30 years old, haven't touched a bicycle in 14 years, do not accept a challenge in Ferbruary to ride The Argus...you suffer greatly and then keep on cycling for decades  :clap:  :clap:

post-64853-0-38173700-1572527408_thumb.jpg

You the likes of Moolman Welgemoed, Colin Parsons and Kevin Green to fight it out with :eek:  

Kevin and I was Juniors together, as well as Moolies' brother Werner, Moolies and Colin was one year younger.

Jason Peisl, Matthew Ferguson, Danie Taljaard and Paul Mazewski, Johan Gilliomee, Johan Steyn, Barend Uitenbogaardt and a few others were THE riders in that era.

• 2 weeks later...

This post made me go dig out “that” box with all the old stuff.

The last time is rained at the event - proper rain. Also the heaviest I have ever been on a bike (93Kg).

5b3f247947e7532824dc6b70294ecaef.jpg

I remember every ride like it was yesterday. Funny how arb stuff remains in the memory bank, and other (important stuff) is forgotten.

i still have that red CStorm shirt.

it's lasted well

who wore it better?

and BONUS question, what race was this at (in 2011) 

post-1830-0-91825400-1573734742_thumb.jpg

edit:and here we are in knysna!

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_h-Tx835tV_g/Rq7YxZsGbPI/AAAAAAAAAOY/ex-XKC4mb-I/s1600/pic2+(Medium).jpg

Edited by Shebeen