Ride Joburg 947 reseeding

Jarl Borg

I wasn't satisfied when I got my seeding for both the 947 road and MTB races, so I sent an application for reseeding. Application is approved and I'm up six batches on the MTB race and I can start at 07:00 for the road race. I initially wasn't seeded and was starting at 09:00 sheesh

I'm chuffed with all my new start times, but I gotta fork out R200 before 13h00 this afternoon to have this in effect. Is this common practice?? Is this fair, to incorrectly seed people and then charge them to fix it?? Especially since all the supporting race results I furnished with my application is already linked to my Racetec number and its all recent. Such haphazardness! How do they get it wrong with all my results at their fingertips.

I started entering bicycle races this year and I've done over 10 events and I've never been dissatisfied with my start batch until now. So this is all new to me and I ain't sure how to deal. I know I definitely ain't paying the R200 for them to fix their mistakes. I think it would have made sense to me if I'd furnished them with foreign results.

I'm so put off rn I probably won't take part. It was a lot of money to pay for both events and now I'm being milked for more. 

Edited by Jarl Borg

Maybe you should have read the T&C's with regard to re-seeding before commenting.   Clearly states if you want to reseed then there a R200 fee for doing so.

http://947ridejoburg.co.za/article/start-times-and-seeding-explained

You can also see on the link which races are used for seeding as they do not use all of your racetec results as some of those will be short distance races which do not count for the 94.7 but will count as part of your overall with racetec, hence the discrepancy.

Maybe you should have read the T&C's with regard to re-seeding before commenting.   Clearly states if you want to reseed then there a R200 fee for doing so.

You can also see on the link which races are used for seeding as they do not use all of your racetec results as some of those will be short distance races which do not count for the 94.7 but will count as part of your overall with racetec, hence the discrepancy.

I hear you but seeding this years seems pretty wonky. Om the MTB event, me and wife git A3 and 4 seedings and the guys with whom we have done all qualifying events as a group got A9 and 11. When this was pointed out they were reseeded free of charge.

Have no problem if they charge for the extra work involved in reseeding but that does assume a proper job was done the first time around.

I wasn't satisfied when I got my seeding for both the 947 road and MTB races, so I sent an application for reseeding. Application is approved and I'm up six batches on the MTB race and I can start at 07:00 for the road race. I initially wasn't seeded and was starting at 09:00 sheesh

I'm chuffed with all my new start times, but I gotta fork out R200 before 13h00 this afternoon to have this in effect. Is this common practice?? Is this fair, to incorrectly seed people and then charge them to fix it?? Especially since all the supporting race results I furnished with my application is already linked to my Racetec number and its all recent. Such haphazardness! How do they get it wrong with all my results at their fingertips.

I started entering bicycle races this year and I've done over 10 events and I've never been dissatisfied with my start batch until now. So this is all new to me and I ain't sure how to deal. I know I definitely ain't paying the R200 for them to fix their mistakes. I think it would have made sense to me if I'd furnished them with foreign results.

I'm so put off rn I probably won't take part. It was a lot of money to pay for both events and now I'm being milked for more. 

If you are seriously discouraged from taking part I will gladly take your entry instead of it going to waste.

(Yes I am serious)

I wrote them an email regarding this earlier in the day, then a friendly lady from their office called me and said she’d try sort it out before the end of the day. I later got an email from the race COO saying she’ll instruct them to waive the reseeding fees for both races. Moments later I got another email saying I’ve been reseeded free of charge and I should be able to download my new race info by Monday. Happy days ????

Maybe you should have read the T&C's with regard to re-seeding before commenting. Clearly states if you want to reseed then there a R200 fee for doing so.

I think you missed the point of the OP's post.

I think you missed the point of the OP's post.

Dont think so, as i highlighted, they use a different seeding system to cyclevents and it clearly states on their website that they charge for a reseed, so should not be a shock to find out.

Glad the OP managed to get it sorted without paying.

Where did you find your seeding info ?