Which Bike rack for mini without a towbar

johanhorak

Hi

I want to buy a bike rack for my Mini (countryman). No towbar.

Which rack should I consider?

We have two bikes.

Agree 100% with either Treefrog or Seasucker.

Those hang on racks are useless and will damage your paint over time.

Compare buying roof racks and bike carriers to just a suction cup rack and the suction cup ones are a) cheaper and b) can be taken off quickly and easily when not in use.

For the cheapest outlay, Saris Bones 3 from bikehub definitely. I've used it multiple times on my Porsche Boxster (with two road bikes) and Golf (2 mtb's) and it has not damaged anything. 

You do have to put enough padding between the bikes though. I put some duct tape under the clips and straps to protect the paint just in case. And terry toweling on the feet.

For long term/everyday use, and least hassle, roof racks are the way to go. Don't think Seasuckers will work on the mini as the boot/window area is probably too small (didn't work on my Boxster).

For the cheapest outlay, Saris Bones 3 from bikehub definitely. I've used it multiple times on my Porsche Boxster (with two road bikes) and Golf (2 mtb's) and it has not damaged anything. 

You do have to put enough padding between the bikes though. I put some duct tape under the clips and straps to protect the paint just in case. And terry toweling on the feet.

For long term/everyday use, and least hassle, roof racks are the way to go. Don't think Seasuckers will work on the mini as the boot/window area is probably too small (didn't work on my Boxster).

The Token/ Seasuckers should work on your Porsche

post-89039-0-70099000-1571652253_thumb.jpeg

post-89039-0-82630500-1571652273_thumb.jpeg

Hair Stylist car  :eek: i don't wash hair :thumbup:

:)

you've obviously had the car long enough that you just roll with the old lame jokes that get thrown at it.

:thumbup:

bad idea for a lot of people...because of you know why!

enough people that there's even a complimentary product for it

in-depth-review-of-the-headsup-system-ro