Thule 699 Round Trip carry case

Bosveldbaas

Hi. I'm about to buy a Thule 699 Round Trip travel case. I want to know if my Medium frame mountain bike will fit, or is it just made for road bikes?

post-30730-0-60033100-1571760227_thumb.jpg

Edited by Bosveldbaas

So these hard cases fits road & mtb's right?

Depends

Mine fits a hard tail XL and a XL road bike...minus saddlepost  bars and rear derailler

Ask the dealer.Im sure it will

You can make a corruplas one for R400 that weighs half as much...

10kg bike, 16kg box and you paying overweight baggage every single flight.

Good Idea but how strong would that be? The corruplas that I am thinking of is basically plastic cardboard in lekker colours. 

Good Idea but how strong would that be? The corruplas that I am thinking of is basically plastic cardboard in lekker colours. 

So for Adventure racing you have to box your bikes during run and paddle legs for the organisers to move transition to transition. Usually stacked 3 high in a box van down dirt roads.

They are solid. Depends how you build it, but ya they are bomber. I was so stoked with mine after Itera. You will see plenty of guys build them, there are how to guides as well in link below. You can spec it to the size limits you want or to your bike size.

http://www.rogueadventure.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/06/here.pdf?fbclid=IwAR0rdVHjWfSNEerCpprBumCwnRNKgBxv-SaUNJ3oHpUV0KGvgRSYOQ3FhZ4

I don't bother with wheels, but my 2c is put extra handles and make them comfy. If you want someone to carry it carefully, make it easy for them to carry carefully...

So for Adventure racing you have to box your bikes during run and paddle legs for the organisers to move transition to transition. Usually stacked 3 high in a box van down dirt roads.

They are solid. Depends how you build it, but ya they are bomber. I was so stoked with mine after Itera. You will see plenty of guys build them, there are how to guides as well in link below. You can spec it to the size limits you want or to your bike size.

http://www.rogueadventure.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/06/here.pdf?fbclid=IwAR0rdVHjWfSNEerCpprBumCwnRNKgBxv-SaUNJ3oHpUV0KGvgRSYOQ3FhZ4

I don't bother with wheels, but my 2c is put extra handles and make them comfy. If you want someone to carry it carefully, make it easy for them to carry carefully...

These are very good!

https://bikebox.company/shop/

I have a Thule hard case, cost R 750 excess baggage each way to Berg and Bush, and you have to keep total weight under 30/32 kilos( can't remember which, BUT not even the airline can damage your bike in that thing! I fit my medium MTB with only seat post and handlebars to come off, pedals and derailleur can stay on.

In your picture above I have the one bottom left.

Edited by Jocklaw

Yup, some team members used them for Itera, super well made, they really put effort into the details.

But sadly when you are racing with #creditcard #savingsaccount #wesbank sponsorship the DIY option is a win...

I get that... But if budget is a question here, then the OP wouldn't be looking at the Thule $$$$ option

Suggestion: get hold of Load and Go (https://loadandgosa.com) in Cape Town. It's owned by the same bloke who owns Revolution Cycles next-door (Spez shop). I have no doubt that they will jam a similar sized frame in a Thule box and photograph it for you. Friendly chaps. 

Hi. I'm about to buy a Thule 699 Round Trip travel case. I want to know if my Medium frame mountain bike will fit, or is it just made for road bikes?

It will fit - but you do have to know how to pack it properly - check on youtube for clues.