Gen

• Replies 892
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Route will be revealed tomorrow (24/10)

SAGS BABY will be at the presentation

my two questions: will he be on the start-line, and if so, will he cross the final finish-line? and the bonus question: how many stages is he targeting in the TdF, just 4 weeks later?

With the maillot vert record in place, Sagz Baby can now enjoy the most beautiful Grand Tour

'vert' being the operative word!!

With the maillot vert record in place, Sagz Baby can now enjoy the most beautiful Grand Tour

He is also very popular in Italy as it was his home for long when he turned pro.

I really do hope he rides the Giro next year.

Edited by Gen

I've never watched or had any interest in road cycling live broadcasts but the last two years I found them quite interesting to watch - I'm starting to enjoy it  :clap:

I will keep an eye on this one to see what happens in the 2020 Giro 

Peter Sagan makes Giro debut in 2020

[https://www]

For the first time in his successful career, Sagan will be participating in the Giro d'Italia in 2020. BORA – hansgrohe’s captain will, however, also be taking to the start of the Tour de France. 

“Italy holds a special place in my heart. It is the country where I won my first World Championship in 2008 and where I spent the formative years of my professional career, riding for an Italian team. In the last ten years I have had the opportunity and privilege to compete, many times, in some of the most prestigious races held in Italy, but I always felt that something was missing, the Giro d'Italia. I don't think there is any rider that doesn't dream of taking part in the Corsa Rosa, one of the most beautiful and challenging races in the world. This is why I'm delighted to announce that on May 9th, I will be on the starting line in Budapest, ready to tackle this iconic Grand Tour for the first time. It will certainly not be an easy race but I look forward to it. With the Grande Partenza and the first three stages held in Hungary, next year's Giro d'Italia will also give me the chance to race so close to Slovakia and I'm sure the cheers of the Slovak crowds will be felt along the course.” – Peter Sagan

“I have always said that Peter’s race program would change in the future. For next year’s season he’ll have the Giro in his program, where he’ll be involved in the fight for the points classification. A champion like Peter should, in my opinion, be at the Giro at least once in his career. For me, it also shows respect towards the Giro, a traditional event within our sport. I have not yet examined the route in detail, however, traditionally the Giro contains several stages that suit Peter. Having said this, the fans in France should not worry, as Peter will also be competing in the Tour de France in July.” – Ralph Denk, Team Manager

ca27f04fbfbad03cd9f302c574f0c241.jpg

Interesting news. If Sagan is going to do both the Giro and the Tour I wonder where this leaves Pascal Ackermann?  

Interesting news. If Sagan is going to do both the Giro and the Tour I wonder where this leaves Pascal Ackermann?

[emoji2368]

But I reckon they will figure something out..

They may say he is doing both now..but come 2020 it may not quite work out that way..I am just stoked he is riding the Giro.

[emoji2368]

But I reckon they will figure something out..

They may say he is doing both now..but come 2020 it may not quite work out that way..I am just stoked he is riding the Giro.

Swansong Tour and year before he gives up on road racing?