Starchboy

I need 6 weeks to recover from DC so Jan works out well!! :clap: :clap:

In theory yes ... but then you remember the Xmas pies. LOL

• Replies 408
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Looking forward to it, my first race for 2020 ????. Weather is looking good so far. Seems it might thankfully be quite a bit cooler in the morning, may need a warm-up for hels ????

what's the situation wrt number collection? I've checked the website for info in that regard, but didn't see any.

Edited by Capricorn

what's the situation wrt number collection? I've checked the website for info in that regard, but didn't see any.

https://pedalpower.org.za/events/medihelp-stellenbosch-cycle-tour/

Registration dates and times:

Wednesday, 15 January 12h00 – 18h00 – Pedal Power Association, 09 Hill Park Lane, Mowbray

Thursday, 16 January: 12h00 – 18h00 – Bellville Cricket Club

Sunday, 19 January 04h30 – 06h00 – Stellenbosch High School (no late entries, no changes)

How's the weather looking for Sunday? 

Pretty good.

Paarl is cool with light wind from the SW

Stellies looks to be the same.

patiently awaiting the seedings, 

Did the 110km 1 tonner in a time of 3:26.

What seeding could I expect?

What times could i look at finishing the Stellenbosch in?

Pretty good.

Paarl is cool with light wind from the SW

Stellies looks to be the same.

Not from what I am seeing on Windguru and windy.com.  According to current forecasts it looks like the wind is going to be absolutely blasting on the weekend.

Not from what I am seeing on Windguru and windy.com.  According to current forecasts it looks like the wind is going to be absolutely blasting on the weekend.

Windguru doesn't really have any forecast spots close to Stellenbosch/Paarl/Wellington areas.

And if you look at windy.com you'll see that the whole area for the SCT is coloured blue/green, so not too bad. Sure... along the coast it's different...

post-30678-0-27840100-1578908333_thumb.png

Edited by SpecialK

That's so weird. I looked on windguru and this is what I got. This is not the first time someone has looked at windguru and gotten different predictions to me. Maybe we are looking at a different model on windguru?

post-83454-0-60363600-1578907890_thumb.png

That's so weird. I looked on windguru and this is what I got. This is not the first time someone has looked at windguru and gotten different predictions to me. Maybe we are looking at a different model on windguru?

attachicon.gif2020-01-13_1128.png

Yeah that's strange..

My windy.com is showing noticeable prevailing wind with pink/purple gusts for this weekend in Paarl and Stellenbosch.

I realize windguru doesn't have an official spot in that area, but their forecast is looking extremely windy for Cape Town - and usually that near inland vicinity still gets some of that wind when it's pumping in CT.

Windguru doesn't really have any forecast spots close to Stellenbosch/Paarl/Wellington areas.

And if you look at windy.com you'll see that the whole area for the SCT is coloured blue/green, so not too bad. Sure... along the coast it's different...

attachicon.gifCapture.PNG

I think if you set the attached image to show wind gusts, it turns pink for Paarl and Stellenbosch. So should be very gusty even if the prevailing wind is not too hectic.