[Event] MEDIHELP Stellenbosch Cycle Tour 2020

Starchboy

Not when I'm tipping the scale +70kg,

quick calculation if I want to make it over with $, i'll need to push +350Watts for +-10mins and that is never going to happen, so I'll mentally prepare myself to get dropped, hopefully there are others in my boat that can chase back on the descent. The catch is usually made after the left or right turn depending on which way we are going this year.

Are you doing both Atta and SCT milky?

• Replies 408
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

quick calculation if I want to make it over with $, i'll need to push +350Watts for +-10mins and that is never going to happen, so I'll mentally prepare myself to get dropped, hopefully there are others in my boat that can chase back on the descent. The catch is usually made after the left or right turn depending on which way we are going this year.

There is space for you in the MPB!

Pfff that 4 passes and Ceres trips with us will start paying off on Sunday dont worry :thumbup:

So,  if you add 16kg to that, what is the power needed  ?  

I know 313W average yields 16:19 solo ....

So,  if you add 16kg to that, what is the power needed  ?  

I know 313W average yields 16:19 solo ....

That's around 5w/kg.. so at 86kg you'd need to push 430 Watts..for 10mins.. Ouch!

What is the deal with parking please?

Does one pay? I've parked at lentelus before but I remember having to pay.

Edited by Duane_Bosch

What is the deal with parking please?

Does one pay? I've parked at lentelus before but I remember having to pay.

from facebook:

Please take note of the parking for Sundays event. Parking will be available at Lentelus Sportsgrounds as well as Stellenbosch High School. Plan your drive and ensure you are at the venue at least 30 minutes before your start.

Parking is FREE. There is no additional cost. Please remove all valuables from your car.

NB! Please do not park on public roads, this will not be tolerated by Stellenbosch Traffic. Make use of the 2 allocated parking areas.

Final rider information will be going out today via SMS and email where seeding and start groups will be indicated.

that's some serious average speed

Worked out at around 36km/h ish, which is what I reckon my old man can do sitting on my wheel all day. The groups seem to be rather close together, 2A starting at 6:15, so 13 minutes behind %. 

Does someone have a full list of the start groups?