[Event] MEDIHELP Stellenbosch Cycle Tour 2020

Starchboy

Worked out at around 36km/h ish, which is what I reckon my old man can do sitting on my wheel all day. The groups seem to be rather close together, 2A starting at 6:15, so 13 minutes behind %. 

Does someone have a full list of the start groups?

EDIT:  can you just confirm 6:15 2a start time, cause if so, need to get them to correct times

if you want group start times, Its on the email but here you go.. :-)

Prefix Description Start Time

$ Cat1 06:00

# Tandem 06:01

% Cat2 06:03

1A Seeded 06:05

1B U16 06:06

1C Seeded 06:07

1D Seeded 06:08

2A Seeded 06:10

2B Seeded 06:12

2C Seeded 06:14

2D Seeded 06:16

2E Seeded 06:18

2F Seeded 06:20

2G Seeded 06:22

2H Seeded 06:24

2J Seeded 06:26

2K Seeded 06:28

3A Seeded 06:32

3B Seeded 06:34

3C Seeded 06:36

3D Seeded 06:38

3E Seeded 06:40

Edited by Karman de Lange

• Replies 408
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Worked out at around 36km/h ish, which is what I reckon my old man can do sitting on my wheel all day. The groups seem to be rather close together, 2A starting at 6:15, so 13 minutes behind %. 

Does someone have a full list of the start groups?

EDIT: Karman beat me to it and did a better job

Edited by piotter

EDIT:  can you just confirm 6:15 2a start time, cause if so, need to get them to correct times

if you want group start times, Its on the email but here you go.. :-)

Prefix Description Start Time

$ Cat1 06:00

# Tandem 06:01

% Cat2 06:03

1A Seeded 06:05

1B U16 06:06

1C Seeded 06:07

1D Seeded 06:08

2A Seeded 06:10

2B Seeded 06:12

2C Seeded 06:14

2D Seeded 06:16

2E Seeded 06:18

2F Seeded 06:20

2G Seeded 06:22

2H Seeded 06:24

2J Seeded 06:26

2K Seeded 06:28

3A Seeded 06:32

3B Seeded 06:34

3C Seeded 06:36

3D Seeded 06:38

3E Seeded 06:40

Thanks! I just asked my old man what time we starting as my start time says 6:00, he said 6:15, maybe he had a trick up his sleeve!!  :ph34r:  :ph34r:

Thanks for the info!

Thanks! I just asked my old man what time we starting as my start time says 6:00, he said 6:15, maybe he had a trick up his sleeve!!  :ph34r:  :ph34r:

Thanks for the info!

06:15 puts you in 2Ca.. That's not a trick, it's a plan  :lol:

Thanks for the info!

So is it 2C or 2A

What time will the 2A bunch look at finishing in?

I rode with 2A a few years back (2017) and did 2:41. It's not like a normal ride because Helshoogte often breaks the groups up straight away, well that's been my experience. New (slightly random) groups tend to reform after the Pniel T-Junction again. I put a big effort in on the climb and then rode the rest of the race with a largish group of 1C and 1D, and a couple of the other 2As who joined me. I suspect the more advanced groups tend to stick together over Hels, but from what I've seen, the 2's and 3's tend to be a big mix of ability and it's often carnage in the first few minutes. 

I guess you just need to read the crowd a bit on Helshoogte. If nobody really kicks off, then just stay with your bunch and you will almost certainly come in close to 2:50.  

I rode with 2A a few years back (2017) and did 2:41. It's not like a normal ride because Helshoogte often breaks the groups up straight away, well that's been my experience. New (slightly random) groups tend to reform after the Pniel T-Junction again. I put a big effort in on the climb and then rode the rest of the race with a largish group of 1C and 1D, and a couple of the other 2As who joined me. I suspect the more advanced groups tend to stick together over Hels, but from what I've seen, the 2's and 3's tend to be a big mix of ability and it's often carnage in the first few minutes. 

I guess you just need to read the crowd a bit on Helshoogte. If nobody really kicks off, then just stay with your bunch and you will almost certainly come in close to 2:50.  

Yeah thats the plan, to trundle up Hells and then into the head wind to F-Hoek catch the back of C and D, then similar after wellington. 

Yeah thats the plan, to trundle up Hells and then into the head wind to F-Hoek catch the back of C and D, then similar after wellington. 

It's really a great race for boosting one's seeding. I'm picking up stompies here but I'm guessing you guys want to do well here to give your old man a better seeding (for CTCT)? 

It's really a great race for boosting one's seeding. I'm picking up stompies here but I'm guessing you guys want to do well here to give your old man a better seeding (for CTCT)? 

Thats the idea. That and I dont feel like being dropped before Hells in $, again. I had to hit 14 cat eyes last time I did that to get a puncture...

Anyone starting in 1C and also confident they will be caught by atleast 2C before the top of Hellshoogte, drop me a msg.. LOL

I'm in 1A and pretty sure the Savages in 2A is going to catch me before the top of Helshoogte! 

I'm in 1A and pretty sure the Savages in 2A is going to catch me before the top of Helshoogte!

Yeah I reckon Brendon is catching me halfway up... LOL...

Might not be a bad thing as his Pops is 26ft so I'll have some shelter in the wind blows LOL

Edited by FootballingCyclist

wind forecast looking horrible again today after looking better yesterday :(

pretty rof indeed.

keep some matches in the box for the loop home.

I see some eager beavers writing cheques up Hels their legs can't cash later.

They backended the refreshment stations to the last third of the course, and this is probably why.

pretty rof indeed.

keep some matches in the box for the loop home.

I see some eager beavers writing cheques up Hels their legs can't cash later.

They backended the refreshment stations to the last third of the course, and this is probably why.

Will have to keep sufficient matches to last the entire R44, rather not push too hard till Wellington, and then start putting down the power