[Event] MEDIHELP Stellenbosch Cycle Tour 2020

Starchboy

Apologies if the post was/is a hoax.

I received the picture in our group and immediately shared it here without doing proper research which I take full responsibility for. I should've known better when I looked at the pic and was wondering about the layout(unless my FB is not up to date).

Apologies once again all.

• Replies 408
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Apologies if the post was/is a hoax.

I received the picture in our group and immediately shared it here without doing proper research which I take full responsibility for. I should've known better when I looked at the pic and was wondering about the layout(unless my FB is not up to date).

Apologies once again all.

Don’t feel bad, it was a genuine post by the page. Apparently they were hacked, by who pray tell, I am not sure.

They were hacked/it was a hoax? Are they aware of it? The least they could have done was to confirm via facebook saying it was a hoax!

Edited by #Arrie

I would go for hoax, if it was a hack it wouldn't have stayed 6 hours and have received 69 likes, 12 comments and 9 shares before being taken down (I would assume). And I would also assume that if it was a hack they would have posted something afterwards

Edited by Jbr

I would go for hoax, if it was a hack it wouldn't have stayed 6 hours and have received 69 likes, 12 comments and 9 shares before being taken down (I would assume). And I would also assume that if it was a hack they would have posted something afterwards

I sent them an email yesterday asking if it was a hoax but no reply. If they are receiving an influx of questions regarding the hoax then i would assume the best thing to do is post something on social media.

Oh well i guess i should of made the subject of my email "membership renewal ", maybe i would of received a reply.

I sent them an email yesterday asking if it was a hoax but no reply. If they are receiving an influx of questions regarding the hoax then i would assume the best thing to do is post something on social media.

Oh well i guess i should of made the subject of my email "membership renewal ", maybe i would of received a reply.

I asked PPA and they said not from their office.  

so 99er at R360... no thanks!

Plus R35 day license for most.

Cost is not that bad, its the petrol to get there .. anyway, will see what bank balance look like.

Hi Guys.

So an update on the pic which I posted.

I was contacted by a member of the PPA who asked for help trying to locate the source of the pic, I then made contact with the guy who posted it out our group and he did some digging as to where it originally came from. The gentleman who created the picture then admitted to doing so and sending it to their group and apparently later on the evening informed the guys it was only a hoax(obviously too late). He has made contact with the gentleman from the PPA who made contact with me initially and they have sorted out thing I believe. The pic was never posted online so it never saw any airtime on FB so they were not hacked, it was created as a hoax.

So that is that, the reason for the hoax I do not know.

Hi Guys.

So an update on the pic which I posted.

I was contacted by a member of the PPA who asked for help trying to locate the source of the pic, I then made contact with the guy who posted it out our group and he did some digging as to where it originally came from. The gentleman who created the picture then admitted to doing so and sending it to their group and apparently later on the evening informed the guys it was only a hoax(obviously too late). He has made contact with the gentleman from the PPA who made contact with me initially and they have sorted out thing I believe. The pic was never posted online so it never saw any airtime on FB so they were not hacked, it was created as a hoax.

So that is that, the reason for the hoax I do not know.

Clearly mischief was the intent