Child seat for soft tail?

Ranger.RSA

I'm looking to get a bike seat for my son so I can take him out on the bike a bit but both my wife and I have soft tails. Are there any soft tail compatable child seats available in SA? If so, if you have personal experience with any, please let me know. Thanks.

Soft tail? You mean dual sus? There is a difference. I have the giant seat that fits on the back, it says fits on most bikes but I had to do some modifying of an older frame as it never fitted to any of my newer mtb's. I would rather get one of those seats that the kids sits on the top tube(unless you have a canyon).

Soft tail? You mean dual sus? There is a difference. I have the giant seat that fits on the back, it says fits on most bikes but I had to do some modifying of an older frame as it never fitted to any of my newer mtb's. I would rather get one of those seats that the kids sits on the top tube(unless you have a canyon).

Coffee and snot all over keyboard.

Get the Star seat JacBrand referred to. I'm still using mine with my 5yo, although she will probably outgrow it sometime next year.

Wyatt, is that you...?  Was waiting for the comment, the Sheriff always got worked up when people referred to a Dual Sus as a soft tail!

Ranger you would need to give a BIT more info ....  :whistling:

what age is the child ?

are you looking for :

a) Post #31 - https://community.bikehub.co.za/topic/83795-the-official-riding-with-kids-thread/page-2

b) Post #66 (okay, this more just a "seat") - https://community.bikehub.co.za/topic/83795-the-official-riding-with-kids-thread/page-5

c) Post #69 - https://community.bikehub.co.za/topic/83795-the-official-riding-with-kids-thread/page-5

d) Post #402 - https://community.bikehub.co.za/topic/83795-the-official-riding-with-kids-thread/page-26

OR, are you just looking for a narrower seat for an 8-year old ...  :eek:   GIANT has a nice range of narrower seats, which you cant buy AT Giant ....  :wacko:   But you can buy it from Bike Addict ....

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks everyone for your input, my son is 1, sorry for not specifying that initially and thanks for pointing out my error, yes I mean a dual suspension bike. Was not aware they were two different things until now.

Thanks everyone for your input, my son is 1, sorry for not specifying that initially and thanks for pointing out my error, yes I mean a dual suspension bike. Was not aware they were two different things until now.

Mandatory pics on the riding with kids thread once you get the seat. Have fun.

Get the Feva Star seat from Sportsmans. Have a look at the "Riding with kids" thread for some inspiration.

have gone through sit on the backs, weeride and a feva seat.

the feva is rad,but it takes a while to put on if you don't leave it on permanently.

I also don't have experience with a 1year old on it.

only got it once the kids were 3/4, and i would be a bit concerned about them falling asleep like they do in the actual bucket type ones.

Ranger, 1 year old might be a bit young still to be sitting on the bike. Little okes are pretty 'pap' and there can be quite a lot of jarring and vibration that we don't really notice because we're used to it.