Cyclists needed for Ground breaking study

Carey Seady

"Cyclists needed for ground breaking study:

UCT Department of Human Biology; Faculty of Health Sciences; Division of Exercise Science and Sports Medicine are looking to recruit cyclists between the ages of 18 and 45 years old that have completed an Argus.

The study is helping to develop a new method to determine muscle glycogen levels using a novel MRI technique. The new MRI technique will be compared to muscle biopsy samples for validation. Participants that qualify for the study will receive a consultation with a sports dietitian for a nutritional analysis and eating plan.

For more information and to sign up email Carey at: careydiet@gmail.com." OR cell: 0836043145.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

"Cyclists needed for ground breaking study:

UCT Department of Human Biology; Faculty of Health Sciences; Division of Exercise Science and Sports Medicine are looking to recruit cyclists between the ages of 18 and 45 years old that have completed an Argus.

The study is helping to develop a new method to determine muscle glycogen levels using a novel MRI technique. The new MRI technique will be compared to muscle biopsy samples for validation. Participants that qualify for the study will receive a consultation with a sports dietitian for a nutritional analysis and eating plan.

For more information and to sign up email Carey at: careydiet@gmail.com." OR cell: 0836043145.

I just LOVE it that completing an Argus is still seen as the gold standard for qualification as a standard.

wonder if the short one counts

Also, muscle biopsy sounds a lot like getting cut...

Yeah no... went from vaguely curious to Hell No!  :eek:

I once signed up for a study advertised on bikehub. It entailed four 70km TT done on an indoor trainer. Each TT had two 7km climbs.

70km indoors felt like a lifetime. After the first one, I was seriously questioning my life choices, and when that fourth one was done, it felt like getting out of jail

I have managed 60km on the indoor trainer before - not even for a study  :eek:. Ya, it's not nice hey! It hurts  :clap:

I once signed up for a study advertised on bikehub. It entailed four 70km TT done on an indoor trainer. Each TT had two 7km climbs.

70km indoors felt like a lifetime. After the first one, I was seriously questioning my life choices, and when that fourth one was done, it felt like getting out of jail

Activity could not be found?! 

private strava account, sorry. Added screenshot to my original post