The toolbox thread

100Tours

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Seen something similar in a leather workshop but not in a bike shop.

Whats it used for?

Goes with these...

post-41145-0-48340400-1572278091_thumb.jpg

(PS the leatherwork ones are usually like the rowel on a spur and are for giving you nice even hole markings for making holes to stitch)

Te more unusual things I would get again, spanners with the pivot end whatever they're called from 8-14mm (I see fanievb already has the set!), a reamer tool for enlarging holes or taking the burr off. a spatula thingy I got off a vet that I end up using for almost everything gooey and a subtle hammer for when persuasion without too much regret is required.

attachicon.gifIMG_2884.jpg

absolutely - buy a rubber mallet. otherwise you're stuck with just a 4lb steel club trying to be gently persuasive.

This is my bike toolbox, big enough for just about anything I could need, small enough to chuck in the back of the Landy (that has a toolbox many times bigger :D ) if we are doing an adventure somewhere remote.

post-17716-0-39449000-1572280555_thumb.jpg

Edited by DJR

The one magic gadget that I use all the time but that doesn't fit in the toolbox is a magnetic bowl for holding bolts and bits. I no longer crawl around on the floor trying to find that one tiny little screw that fell and fled to a dark corner. 

post-17716-0-65234400-1572280817_thumb.jpg

We can dream.

I wouldn't mind a toolset in a Pelican case like this to be able to keep it clean, I use the garage for woodworking and servicing bikes. I do enjoy it when everything can be neatly displayed on the wall. 

For cleaning in impossible to reach places. I always pick them up when I find them on the mountain. They are also good for mixing and applying epoxy type glue. 

I normally prefer not to pick them up when I am in the mountain, but they seem to find me!

post-84485-0-44829800-1572295019_thumb.jpg

This is my bike toolbox, big enough for just about anything I could need, small enough to chuck in the back of the Landy (that has a toolbox many times bigger :D ) if we are doing an adventure somewhere remote.

Come on be honest now .... those tools have never touched a bicycle, but have a distinct scent of Landy Oil!