The toolbox thread

100Tours

The one magic gadget that I use all the time but that doesn't fit in the toolbox is a magnetic bowl for holding bolts and bits. I no longer crawl around on the floor trying to find that one tiny little screw that fell and fled to a dark corner. 

I have one of these. Not Parktool though, it's a pin holder i stole from the ex's sewing room. Invaluable! :)

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well obviously you have a bottomless wallet, some of their prices are just off the charts but drool worthy.

Work tool box belongs to the company but issued to me. So unless I loose or intentionally damage a tool, I don't pay. The toolbox is issued to the employee when they join and their own responsibility till they leave or get a position that doesn't require a toolbox anymore. 

My personal toolbox has been years of saving and birthday/xmas presents etc. 

I was part of the board when the tool contract ended last year and we needed to sign a new contract and funny enough snap-on come with the best offer and they have done for years. I assume the price we pay and what they charge the man on the street is different. I didn't get to see pricing, I was part of the specification board. 

What's inside? I used the chance to clean it out a bit after servicing D's bike today. I don't apologize for liking Park Tool!

Excuse my ignorance but what is the topeak tool in die top row in the middle of the picture?

Excuse my ignorance but what is the topeak tool in die top row in the middle of the picture?

Torque wrench. Little plastic fan has torque markings on it and the needle deflects as you tighten whatever it is you are tightening. Stop when it points to the right number. It's the same style of torque wrench you get with Canyon bikes.

Torque wrench. Little plastic fan has torque markings on it and the needle deflects as you tighten whatever it is you are tightening. Stop when it points to the right number. It's the same style of torque wrench you get with Canyon bikes.

Thanks for the info, appreciate it  :thumbup:  just googled it and saw a video on how it works

To explain this with my limited vocabulary.....you use it on the patch , press hard down and roll it over the patch to ensure the patch sticks to the tube etc etc !!!

Exactly! Kind of redundant now but when all the cars/tractors/bikes had tubes was a great accessory

It is a very basic, but surprisingly functional torque wrench that I got as a gift. I didn't think much of it at first, but it is pretty accurate when I compared it to a much fancier and expensive torque wrench.

post-17716-0-17576200-1572333695_thumb.jpg

It is a very basic, but surprisingly functional torque wrench that I got as a gift. I didn't think much of it at first, but it is pretty accurate when I compared it to a much fancier and expensive torque wrench.

Think it's the same one that Canyon gave with their bikes a while back.