The toolbox thread

100Tours

If you are are really worried about the digital vernier batteries going flat you could also get a dial gauge vernier, no batteries to go flat and a little easier to read for the visually impaired, having said that, we have digital verniers and the batteries last forever, at least 3-4years, so....

My digital Mitutoyo is one of the best tools I have ever bought as my eyesight fades a tad.  It gets lots of use and batteries do ok; unless you forget to switch it off  :cursing:

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

My digital Mitutoyo is one of the best tools I have ever bought as my eyesight fades a tad.  It gets lots of use and batteries do ok; unless you forget to switch it off  :cursing:

I got a Chinese cheapy (but decent quality) digital vernier, also the batteries last a long time.  Even if I forget to switch off, it goes off after a while by itself.

Can even switch between mm & inch.

Edited by TheoG

just how old are you toppies with your waning eye sight ......... :eek: 

No way I can read the nonius scale properly on a traditional vernier, even with reading glasses its a challenge  :wacko: . I'm 54, been using reading glasses since about 40, so your turn is coming ...   :whistling:

Soos hulle sê, jou k@k is in die pos  :D .

No way I can read the nonius scale properly on a traditional vernier, even with reading glasses its a challenge  :wacko: . I'm 54, been using reading glasses since about 40, so your turn is coming ...   :whistling:

Soos hulle sê, jou k@k is in die pos  :D .``

Nah ... I will never get THAT old :P

I'm still a teenager and got a digital vernier... Even better it didn't come with a battery so i haven't used it yet.

Need to get some still

Old enough to struggle reading posts in comic sans on iPhone. The font changes to this odd looking serif italic mess. Takes a lot of squinting and moving the phone back and forward towards my glasses.

Old enough to struggle reading posts in comic sans on iPhone. The font changes to this odd looking serif italic mess. Takes a lot of squinting and moving the phone back and forward towards my glasses.

Don't blame it on age or eyesight ... the problem is the iPhone

What bike brand do you ride that you need a glue gun....  :w00t:

So decided to pull the trigger :whistling:  on this Dremel 940 glue gun:

attachicon.gifImage.jpeg

Must say that this is by far the best glue gun I've ever used- the quality is top notch. Definately money well spent...

prob now is that I want more Dremel tools!

Just wish it came with a carry case.

I visited our local pawn shop on saturday  as I'm trying to get rid of some furniture, decided to take a browse through the store.

I'm definitely visiting there next time I need tools, not so much the power tools, more on the hand tool side.