The toolbox thread

100Tours

4 hours ago, TyronLab said:

Swiftly getting back on topic, anyone know where I can find one of these, or have an extra one to sell to me? I've been searching for quite some time and have come up short. TL-PD40, used to disassemble Shimano PD-M520 pedals. The set of pedals I inherited with Tennisball have a bit of axle play that I want to sort out, and need this little oke to do that. I've tried McGuyvering it, but those plastic splines are pretty easy to smush.

image.png.7cfc633752c900c6bcea1ca7b771c590.png

I ended up 3D printing one.

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:4252182

Ask on the 3D printing thread if anyone in JHB is willing to do one for you.

Edited by MongooseMan

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

13 hours ago, Paulst12 said:

Did you get this set, and if so, whats the torque wrench like? 

Yup, I did get that set. Here you can see it next to my other tool-belt gear (for scale)

image.png.4a0f36fdae88362988426ddfb6dc3d88.png

Sadly there is no torque wrench in the set, just a 1/4" ratchet. But that has great build quality, as do all the other components of the set.

14 hours ago, TyronLab said:

Swiftly getting back on topic, anyone know where I can find one of these, or have an extra one to sell to me? I've been searching for quite some time and have come up short. TL-PD40, used to disassemble Shimano PD-M520 pedals. The set of pedals I inherited with Tennisball have a bit of axle play that I want to sort out, and need this little oke to do that. I've tried McGuyvering it, but those plastic splines are pretty easy to smush.

image.png.7cfc633752c900c6bcea1ca7b771c590.png

DM me and I'll print you one

8 hours ago, patches said:

Yup, I did get that set. Here you can see it next to my other tool-belt gear (for scale)

image.png.4a0f36fdae88362988426ddfb6dc3d88.png

Sadly there is no torque wrench in the set, just a 1/4" ratchet. But that has great build quality, as do all the other components of the set.

Damn... i was hoping that was a 60NM torque wrench .. thought i read it somewhere. I guess its back to Park Tools

• 2 weeks later...

Saw a post some time back about reading glasses that can fold up and pack away small in a toolbag .... darned if I can find that post ....

At the time we were laughing about me needing glasses next to the trail ....

This weekend friends got stuck .... lack of glasses did not help .... eventually had to ask other riders to assist.

14 hours ago, ChrisF said:

Saw a post some time back about reading glasses that can fold up and pack away small in a toolbag .... darned if I can find that post ....

At the time we were laughing about me needing glasses next to the trail ....

This weekend friends got stuck .... lack of glasses did not help .... eventually had to ask other riders to assist.

My sunglasses is prescription bi-focal specifically for that reason.  It also make reading the bike computer easier when riding.

5 minutes ago, Hairy said:

For all you old timers ... this may be your solution ... mounted the biggest tablet you can find onto your handle bars ... you can also then use the tablets camera to zoom into any "fine font" that you are struggling with :P

Enjoy the jokes while they last, your time is coming, slowly but surely .... 😁

33 minutes ago, Hairy said:

For all you old timers ... this may be your solution ... mounted the biggest tablet you can find onto your handle bars ... you can also then use the tablets camera to zoom into any "fine font" that you are struggling with :P

Fixed it for you Theo

tzzt.png.75e6104545fdf53b692326d6199be54f.png

Edited by 117

4 minutes ago, 117 said:

Fixed it for you Theo

Haha Mr M, last time I checked you were the one left behind .... 😁😂

PS: I can only wish my heart can still rev that high 😄

5 hours ago, TheoG said:

Enjoy the jokes while they last, your time is coming, slowly but surely .... 😁

We are all just slowly rushing towards death anyway. 

6 hours ago, Hairy said:

Universal Bike Holder For Ipad Samsung 7-11 Inch Cycling Bicycle Adjustable  Tablet Mount Holder On Bike For Huawei Lenovo Stand - Tablet Stands -  AliExpress

You can also use the camera and zoom in on the trail ahead.🤣

Edited by FrancoisdeVille