Scott Spark 910 dropper post (2015)

hansolo

One of my friends has a previous generation (2015) Scott Spark 910 and we want to fit a dropper post on her bike. There is no entry for cables on a internal routing dropper post, would I be able to still route the cables through her frame or is an external routing dropper post the only option? 

Well, if you can't get the cables into the frame an internally routed post is out of the picture. Unless you want to drill the frame, which I wouldn't be keen on. Nothing wrong with an externally routed dropper or Reverb AXS if your friend has cash to burn

Thanks for the feedback, looks like external routing would have to do. I could attempt to remove the BB and route it through the frame.

Wireless options by Rock Shox and Magura is quiet expensive...

Thanks for the feedback, looks like external routing would have to do. I could attempt to remove the BB and route it through the frame.

Wireless options by Rock Shox and Magura is quiet expensive...

The issue with internal routing isn't getting it into the frame or around the BB (it goes down the seat tube and getting it round the BB is just a bit time consuming). The issue is getting the other end of the cable out of the frame so you can attach it to the lever on the handlebars. If there isn't a hole near the head tube you are out of luck.

• 1 year later...

I've a 2015 Spark 710 and did an internal a week ago. My first dropper install and it was pretty straightforward. I went 1x so I used the front derailleur port. You can use a small file to open up the access. I used a drill because I didn't have a file that small on hand. It's probably less than 5mm to drill. Just used the smallest bit and moved up till the cable could fit.

If there's a port at the head tube, internal can be done. Some amateur proctology skills will be required, but it's possible.

Rockshox axs is a trick piece of technology. Works great but does come with a small weight penalty.

I have a 2015 Scott Genius and just above the BB, there is(was) a plastic grommet that I removed to fit mine, not sure if the Spark was the same.

I've a 2015 Spark 710 and did an internal a week ago. My first dropper install and it was pretty straightforward. I went 1x so I used the front derailleur port. You can use a small file to open up the access. I used a drill because I didn't have a file that small on hand. It's probably less than 5mm to drill. Just used the smallest bit and moved up till the cable could fit.

did the same on my 2014 spark. used the FD port upfront quik and easy. there is a little door just above the BB under neath.. open it up to help guide the cable. works like a charm.