Sunglasses special at Takealot

DemiCat

Hello

I need sunglasses that

Doesn't let anything in (I wear contact lenses and I have crazy allergies. A runny nose is bearable but I can't wear contact lenses when the allergic reaction is under my eyelids).

Won't get all foggy when it's cold,I get hot and sweat really fast - and a lot.

Will these do the job ?

https://www.takealot.com/uv-protective-sport-goggles/PLID49518543

Any other recommendations are welcome :)

I guess it depends on just how sensitive your eyes are, but for my wife my old Oakley Jawbones helped a lot, compared to her el-cheapo ones. She also wears contacts while riding, and the big (for her) lenses help her eyes not get too dry.

The Jawbreakers are even bigger, so might help even more? They're a lot more expensive though.

If they "dont let anything in", they will probably fog up quite quickly?

I wear contact lenses too - with all the above-mentioned symptoms. Runny nose, dry eyes, sweat getting into my eyes setting it on fire, etc. For the sweat I keep a buff with me and I ride with 100% S2s. Very fog-resistant. 

I am a noob with the type of glasses you should get, but the 100%s work very well for me.

I guess it depends on just how sensitive your eyes are, but for my wife my old Oakley Jawbones helped a lot, compared to her el-cheapo ones. She also wears contacts while riding, and the big (for her) lenses help her eyes not get too dry.

The Jawbreakers are even bigger, so might help even more? They're a lot more expensive though.

My eyes are super sensitive,I’ll have a look at the Jawbreakers,thank you

I wear contact lenses too - with all the above-mentioned symptoms. Runny nose, dry eyes, sweat getting into my eyes setting it on fire, etc. For the sweat I keep a buff with me and I ride with 100% S2s. Very fog-resistant.

I am a noob with the type of glasses you should get, but the 100%s work very well for me.

The buff is a good idea,and I haven’t heard of those glasses so I’ll give them a definite look thank you.

look into glogglz from www.watersportstuff.com

their site is down at the moment but they may have other outlets. They have a local brand ambassador, pro windsurfer from langebaan, karo van tonder. if interested you might get some more info from her

For contact lenses in pollen season.... I have found Flomist nasal spray to be brilliant. It's the best thing that I have ever used. Give it a try – it's cheap enough. And you don't need a prescription.

That, and when engaging outdoor sports that are challenging from a dust or water perspective (for example, being in the surf), scleral lenses.

But, if you look around the web, you will find military spec goggles which you can also use. These are designed to keep almost anything and everything out. 

buying sunglasses without trying them on?!!!!

Small town problems ...not driving 300km for sunglasses. Most sites have free refunds if it doesn’t fit.

They have a local brand ambassador, pro windsurfer from langebaan, karo van tonder. if interested you might get some more info from her

Thank you,found her on Instagram