Rice Cakes

The Ouzo

Anyone making their own rice cakes for on the bike nutrition ?

I'm tired of gels, a while back GCN had a rice cake recipe, I wrote it down but never got around to making them.

I made them the other night for the first time.

I probably need to tweak the recipe to my own tastes, right now they're not that appetizing, but more importantly I'm worried about the texture.

So those that have made them, any tips ? What should the texture be like ? Mine are a little mushy and tend to fall apart easily.

flatten slice of bread with a roller, cut off the sides
spread some PB & honey (or whatever you like) and roll it like a cigar. 

cut to size and place in ziplock bags

I made some basic ones, I really enjoyed them and they seemed to work pretty good.

Was long grain (risotto rice), 250gm plain Phillidelphia Cream Cheese and then I added some honey and crushed almonds.

Wrap them in tinfoil and off you go.

A friend of mine does the same but makes a salty version with fried rice and soya sauce.

Anyone making their own rice cakes for on the bike nutrition ?

I'm tired of gels, a while back GCN had a rice cake recipe, I wrote it down but never got around to making them.

I made them the other night for the first time.

I probably need to tweak the recipe to my own tastes, right now they're not that appetizing, but more importantly I'm worried about the texture.

So those that have made them, any tips ? What should the texture be like ? Mine are a little mushy and tend to fall apart easily.

try using abit more sugar or honey to bind everything together.

You could also add some toasted rolled oats, give them a quick blend to break it down. More energy too ! you just have to play around with it.