[Event] Cape Agulhas MTB Classic & Trailrun

Naas Vermaak

Event Name: Cape Agulhas MTB Classic & Trailrun
When: 28 December 2019
Where: NG Church, Main Rd, Struisbaai, Western Cape
Category: MTB

cape-agulhas-mtb-2019-bike-race-trail-run-flyer.jpg?zoom=1.5&fit=1749%2C2481&ssl=1 In 2019 the Trail Run takes place on Friday 27th December & MTB Race is on Saturday 28th December

After a scenic two hour drive from Cape Town across rolling hills, you will find the Southern-most region of Africa, part of the magical Overberg, where the majestic Atlantic and Indian oceans meet. This area stretches from Die Dam in the west, to the De Hoop Nature Reserve in the east..

On December 28nd, you can enjoy this region on your mountain bike during the CAPE AGULHAS MTB CLASSIC, the main event of the week, and also sign up for a very nice family holiday run just before sunset on the 27th of December. For the MTB you will have four distances on offer whilst the run will have a 6km, 10km & 15km option with the routes crossing various terrain of tar and off-road trails. What a fabulous time of fun for the whole family to enjoy during the holiday season!

The main mountain bike race on the Saturday morning is 72km, testing the skill and stamina of the rider. Then there are the shorter equally as scenic 46km and 35km rides, as well as a 10km event to enjoy at your leisure..

Don't forget to visit the beautiful towns and villages - Napier, Elim, Bredasdorp, Arniston, Waenhuiskrans, Struisbaai, L'Agulhas and Suiderstrand as well as the De Mond Nature Reserve and the rugged plains of the Agulhas National Park. Feast your eyes on the beautiful fynbos, unique to this area.

n December 28th, you can enjoy this region on your mountain bike during the CAPE AGULHAS MTB CLASSIC and there are four distances on offer during the 2019 event.

The main mountain bike race on the Saturday morning is 72km, testing the skill and stamina of the rider. Then there are the shorter equally as scenic 46km and 35km rides, as well as a 10km event to enjoy at your leisure.

DATE: 28 December 2019

START TIMES: 72km - 07h30 |46km - 07h45 |35km - 08h00 |10km - 08h15

ENTRY FEES: 72 Km - R350 | 46 Km - R300 | 35 Km - R260 | 10 Km - R120

TO ENTER:

Enter online at Web Tickets (credit card and EFT payments accepted online). Alternatively you can now walk into Pick & Pay stores and enter at their information counter.

Need help entering online? You can call Webtickets support 086 111 0005 or email info@webtickets.co.za for support. They are open daily (Monday to Sunday) from 8.30am to 4pm

ONLINE ENTRIES CLOSE DECEMBER 25TH

Payments must be received before midnight on Wednesday 25th December 2019

REGISTRATION for the MTB Race

Friday 27th December 2019

15h00-19h00 Struisbaai Church hall

Saturday, 28th December 2019

Registration starts at 06h00 - 08h00 at the Struisbaai Church hall

GPS Coordinates: 34°47'59.88"S 20°02'56.87"E

GENERAL:

The first 100 pre-entry riders will receive a free goodie bag.

Go to Event Page

• 3 weeks later...

About a month away...enter and be eligible to be part of a R 40 000 Lucky Draw as well as a massive R 150 000 sale of bicycle parts and accessories - all at 40 - 70% discount!

• 2 weeks later...

Don't want to start a new thread after the previous one was removed (due to mistaken identity)

but RIP Naas Vermaak.

Only met him once briefly but from the reaction in my cycling circles he clearly was a gentleman that was very much loved & respected. His passing leaves a big gap in the Southern Cape cycling community. I hope this event & the Napier Patatfees will continue in his memory.

• 4 weeks later...