DJI Mavic Mini - New Drone

Tankman

The new DJI Mavic Mini is on the way!

Looks like a decent drone to start with!

R8999 for the flymore combo, that is pretty decent too!

R6999 for the Drone only.

30min flight time

3 Axis Gimbal

Ok so No 4K video but

2.7K at 30fps

or Full HD at 60fps

Not much more needed for social media anyway.

I need a drone!  Have been looking at the Mavic Air for a while, until I saw the Mavic Mini yesterday!

Question is, save up and get the Air or get the Mini, get some experience and upgrade later?

The Mini is released close enough to Christmas to call it a "To Me, From Me" Christmas gift right?

and the promo video

Edited by Tankman

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

you looked at DC Rainmaker?

Nope, what is he saying?

For new Garmin's, he is my goto, didnt even think of him for drones, he is a very technical guy but not one of my video goto guys ;)

I just need it to follow me on the trails but @ 9k, I will pass an wait for some used ones to become available.

Less than half the price of the Air... sound appealing to me!  :D

The new DJI Mavic Mini is on the way!

Looks like a decent drone to start with!

R8999 for the flymore combo, that is pretty decent too!

30min flight time

3 Axis Gimbal

Ok so No 4K video but

2.7K at 30fps

or Full HD at 60fps

Not much more needed for social media anyway.

I need a drone!  Have been looking at the Mavic Air for a while, until I saw the Mavic Mini yesterday!

Question is, save up and get the Air or get the Mini, get some experience and upgrade later?

The Mini is released close enough to Christmas to call it a "To Me, From Me" Christmas gift right?

and the promo video

Yeah, that looks awesome and at a much more affordable price than what the full size one costs!

The fact that it;s simply more usable than the larger, higher tier Mavics is a win in my book. The best drone/camera is always the one you have with you. In this case it's small enough to have with you in your backpack, and simple enough to quickly stop, take a short clip, throw it back in your pack and carry on riding.

The common consensus among reviewers is that it just needs a software feature update, and knowing DJI, there will be one.

It runs on Wifi, so the range and signal strength isn't the best.... always had a problem with Wifi drones.

It runs on Wifi, so the range and signal strength isn't the best.... always had a problem with Wifi drones.

For what I have planned, not too stressed about this, doesnt need to be miles away :D ... for now!

Out of interest, if your phone runs out of battery or the signal is lost, what happens?

Is the "return to home" automatically enabled?  (Should hope so!)

I have heard stories where the drones got confused during low power and tried landing on water... which did not work, obviously :lol:

In terms of range isn't it limited in SA anyways?

I just need it to follow me on the trails but @ 9k, I will pass an wait for some used ones to become available.

None of the DJI drones are very good at this, rather look at the Skydio 2...more expensive but far more advanced....https://www.skydio.com

In terms of range isn't it limited in SA anyways?

Use fake GPS app and do the FCC hack. This will trick the drone to think its flying in the US. but don't do anything crazy. :) 

Is it true to say the spark is a better drone but the mini a better camera and better fly time?

Edit... no wrong

Great spec vs the SPARK. If only it had some crash protection.

I want one though!!

Edited by Mamil