DJI Mavic Mini - New Drone

Tankman

So NFZ is already built in ???? or did you have a choice to "update" NFZ's?

Yup built in, there are zones on the map soon as you start it up.

As far as from what I could read online, the NFZ are not controlled indoors but I could not get the bloody thing to take off.  There is no "I am now indoors" override.

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It seems to be getting good reviews flying in high winds.  Let us know what you think!!!  Enjoy!!

Thank you, I will do some more flights over the weekend and then do a proper "review"

The wind was howling, like CapeTown howling, I got a couple of "High Wind" warnings but the flight was pretty good and steady.  Quite easy and straight forward to fly actually.

Handling was great... when there was connection.

The reviews they do in the states are all based on 5Ghz wifi... from what I saw today on our 2.4Ghz, that pretty much sucks but I will have to do some more test.

Oh and what is the phone for?

Are you supposed to get a live feed to your phone, to "see" what the drone is seeing?

Yea, that did not happen at all.

After taking a photo, the photo would appear on the screen and that would be what you end up looking at until you take the next photo.

In video mode I was still staring at the last photo taken.

There are still some bugs to sort out if you ask me.

But fun so far!

Awesome, where did you order it from? Every website ive seen still shows them on 'Preorder'

Got mine from Orms... the fly more combo they got in sold out already, they have the drone only in stock now.

Thank you, I will do some more flights over the weekend and then do a proper "review"

The wind was howling, like CapeTown howling, I got a couple of "High Wind" warnings but the flight was pretty good and steady. Quite easy and straight forward to fly actually.

Handling was great... when there was connection.

The reviews they do in the states are all based on 5Ghz wifi... from what I saw today on our 2.4Ghz, that pretty much sucks but I will have to do some more test.

Oh and what is the phone for?

Are you supposed to get a live feed to your phone, to "see" what the drone is seeing?

Yea, that did not happen at all.

After taking a photo, the photo would appear on the screen and that would be what you end up looking at until you take the next photo.

In video mode I was still staring at the last photo taken.

There are still some bugs to sort out if you ask me.

But fun so far!

Do you think the transmission issues are due to the 'CE compliant Model (MT1SD25)' which has the lesser range as you mentioned in a previous post? Can you confirm that is the model we are getting in SA?

Do you think the transmission issues are due to the 'CE compliant Model (MT1SD25)' which has the lesser range as you mentioned in a previous post? Can you confirm that is the model we are getting in SA?

Yup, that is the one I got.

I read somewhere ours the (MT1SD25) is black and the 5Ghz's one is grey.

So what happens if you buy it in the US with that remote and then bring it here?

Or would one be able to buy the remote from the US on its own?

That sounds like a better option.

I could not get much further than 150m away from where I was standing and then things would go haywire!

Yup built in, there are zones on the map soon as you start it up.

As far as from what I could read online, the NFZ are not controlled indoors but I could not get the bloody thing to take off.  There is no "I am now indoors" override.

:thumbdown:

So what happens if you buy it in the US with that remote and then bring it here?

I could not get much further than 150m away from where I was standing and then things would go haywire!

Edited by Emile Kruger

Hi, sorry managed to reply several times haha.

i also had the problem to get futher than away than about 200m, but the drones here in South Africa is in CE mode , which restricts the distance we can fly, but it can be hacked/tricked to go in FCC mode which the US uses, to get much higher distances after i did it to my Dji i managed to fly over 3500m

You only have to download a fake gps app from the appstore, and then enable in your phone's developer settings to use that fake gps location anywhere in the US, there are may videos on YouTube that is very helpfull that can be checked out.

P.S. i only think that can be done on android devices

Hi, sorry managed to reply several times haha.

i also had the problem to get futher than away than about 200m, but the drones here in South Africa is in CE mode , which restricts the distance we can fly, but it can be hacked/tricked to go in FCC mode which the US uses, to get much higher distances after i did it to my Dji i managed to fly over 3500m

You only have to download a fake gps app from the appstore, and then enable in your phone's developer settings to use that fake gps location anywhere in the US, there are may videos on YouTube that is very helpfull that can be checked out.

P.S. i only think that can be done on android devices

Thanks man, I downloaded the Fake GPS app yesterday...

But after I drove out to a Fly Zone, did not bother with it much, just wanted to get in the air!

I will test Fake GPS in more detail in the next couple of days but I am a little worried that the actual restriction is on the remote itself and that might not be a software fix. 

Is there a way to change the minimum battery warning?

At the moment the drone returns on 15%, can I lower it to 5% or 10%?

The flight time I got in some extreme winds were around 20 to 23min until it got to 15% and then it just wants to land.  Once landed with a minimum battery level, there is no way of getting it back up again.  (Oh and I was flying in Sports mode, why not hey!)

The first two batteries felt like they run out quickly with all the excitement and what not but by the time I was on the 3rd battery I started wondering if this battery is ever going to die?  :w00t:

Thanks man, I downloaded the Fake GPS app yesterday...

But after I drove out to a Fly Zone, did not bother with it much, just wanted to get in the air!

I will test Fake GPS in more detail in the next couple of days but I am a little worried that the actual restriction is on the remote itself and that might not be a software fix. 

Is there a way to change the minimum battery warning?

At the moment the drone returns on 15%, can I lower it to 5% or 10%?

The flight time I got in some extreme winds were around 20 to 23min until it got to 15% and then it just wants to land.  Once landed with a minimum battery level, there is no way of getting it back up again.  (Oh and I was flying in Sports mode, why not hey!)

The first two batteries felt like they run out quickly with all the excitement and what not but by the time I was on the 3rd battery I started wondering if this battery is ever going to die?  :w00t:

I am no Expert but,

i am not entirely sure if you can lower the minimum battery warning lower than 15%, because of my understanding if you are far away it gives you chance to return to the home point before the battery is completely flat and resulting in a lost drone, and it is also very bad for the batteries to be completely drained and will shorten the lifespan of the battery.

and yes sportmode also drains the batteries because of the sudden movements haha as you probably already know.

I am no Expert but,

i am not entirely sure if you can lower the minimum battery warning lower than 15%, because of my understanding if you are far away it gives you chance to return to the home point before the battery is completely flat and resulting in a lost drone, and it is also very bad for the batteries to be completely drained and will shorten the lifespan of the battery.

and yes sportmode also drains the batteries because of the sudden movements haha as you probably already know.

:D true, just trying to squeeze some for fly time out of it.  And if I am only like 150m's away, how long can it really take for it to come home.   I saw a guy change his min return time but it was on one of the higher models. 

I am no Expert but,

A friendly guide to RTH....https://store.dji.com/guides/how-to-use-the-djis-return-to-home/

DO NOT ignore low battery alarm for too long unless you very close to home point!