DJI Mavic Mini - New Drone

Tankman

DJI tracking ability is good but to follow you downhill on your MTB...nah, it battles to track downhill ie terrain tracking...better to have really good pilot or get the Skydio 2.....

Downhill, speed, a pilot is the only real option.

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

post-2696-0-90259300-1609750416_thumb.jpg

post-2696-0-70251900-1609750418_thumb.jpg

post-2696-0-51719600-1609750420_thumb.jpg

(All straight out the drone)

With the new Mavic air 2 around, you can pick up a mavic air for about R10k second hand (got mine at R9k) and it is perfect for what I want it to do.

Spent new years on a friends farm in Du Toits. Bit of a track to get to the spot, but very much worth it.

I have been searching for the Skydio 2 in SA but don't seem to be any dealers?

I see online they are similar priced to the Mavic Air 2. $999...I suppose direct buy the?

The Mini 2 seems to be the best option in what it want to do and quality... 

Still need a good Pilot.

I am sure my dog and I will enjoy my videos, but my wife and friends got bored back in my GoPro Hero 2 video days... :blink:

Edited by Mohs

I have been searching for the Skydio 2 in SA but don't seem to be any dealers?

I see online they are similar priced to the Mavic Air 2. $999...I suppose direct buy the?

The Mini 2 seems to be the best option in what it want to do and quality... 

Still need a good Pilot.

I am sure my dog and I will enjoy my videos, but my wife and friends got bored back in my GoPro Hero 2 video days... :blink:

Why the Skydio?

From all I have seen in review videos they look good at following you but not great as a controlled drone.

I would personally rather go for the Air 2 with local support.

Why the Skydio?

From all I have seen in review videos they look good at following you but not great as a controlled drone.

I would personally rather go for the Air 2 with local support.

Just because one of the Hubbers mentioned it as a good option if required mainly in follow mode.

I agree DJI is better with the local support. 

Just because one of the Hubbers mentioned it as a good option if required mainly in follow mode.

I agree DJI is better with the local support. 

Yeah for sure, the Skydio is amazing in follow mode, it beats every other drone on the market when it comes to that.

Im just not sure how practical it is for normal everyday drone stuff.

Another drone I wouldnt mind at all is the Autel Evo 2, they are just a little expensive.

I bought the Mini 2 FMC in Dec and am very happy with the purchase.  The Air 2 was the better option, but I couldn't justify the R10k odd more (since I also bought the Gopro Hero 9 at the same time)

I am still very conservative, especially in higher wind conditions so no issues thus far.  Took it up to 250m in the Karoo, 650m out with no issues.

Will post a few pics soon.!!