Attakwas 2020

Warrenlee

No offence but 7:15 to 7:45 is probably not B batch quality.

Last year 7 hours was hit by 192nd place.

7:15 by the guy finishing 231st. 

7:30 by 298th....

The front batches are usually smaller than the later start batches too, so D is probably an accurate representation of your past results. 

I get that the seeding is sometimes a lottery, but also be realistic as to your time in relation to the field.

There are roughly 200 riders per batch (counting A+Pros as one batch)

So just based on the results you mentioned 7 hours should put you in A batch and a time between 7 and 8 hours in B batch

But clearly that is not how the SASeeding system works.

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

There are roughly 200 riders per batch (counting A+Pros as one batch)

So just based on the results you mentioned 7 hours should put you in A batch and a time between 7 and 8 hours in B batch

But clearly that is not how the SASeeding system works.

200 per batch?!

Yoh, I retract my statement.

I have ridden it a few times and managed a 6:27 riding 34/20 one year. I never for the life of me thought I was near an A batch seeding.

How wrong I was/am!

What I enjoy about a B start is on those long open roads home you can at least jump on the bunches coming past.With a D or E batch you have to slog along into the wind alone.

But to be honest if that is what you do/did/hope to do, then you do not belong in the B bunch. Or am I missing something?

Well this will annoy some of you proper Attakwasers - my first one - my aim is to finish - I finish a trailseeker with pretty much the same number of people behind me as are ahead of me and I'm in B batch. I have no CSA license either.

I think they just making it up.

Well this will annoy some of you proper Attakwasers - my first one - my aim is to finish - I finish a trailseeker with pretty much the same number of people behind me as are ahead of me and I'm in B batch. I have no CSA license either.

I think they just making it up.

finishing is a massive achievement and probably the best approach to tame this beast as 1st timer. Good luck!

I have had a CSA lisence for years. Past Atta results, decent Trailseeker results, good stage race results but SASeeding at least always consistent when seeding me - "thou shalt start at the back!"

I have a strong suspicion they do seeding alphabetically, the only explanation that makes sense to me (apologies, I promised to stop my seeding rants)

My surname starts with R and I have an A batch seeding.

For all those guys that are miffed about their seeding, I see my name is on the Seeded list under A and I'm not even racing :ph34r: .....ok bye  :whistling:

Eish if you're not even racing and seeded A, then what am I doing in A? They just make this **** up. I'm convinced. OK bye 

Eish if you're not even racing and seeded A, then what am I doing in A? They just make this **** up. I'm convinced. OK bye 

:lol:  I told them you are with me  :P

My surname starts with R and I have an A batch seeding.

Then they probably used someone else's surname for your seeding  :P

Thanks bru

Sent them an email. Haven't had a response yet but I'm they received hundreds of emails today re seeding and batches. 

I'm really starting to get excited for this event. 

Aside from the event itself theres such a lekke vibe among the guys all training for it. It will get even better next week when we start to see all the okes pulling into town with their bikes. Part of the perks of living in George. 

Your partner should be able to fall back to D if he wants to. I see people also often start with their group and then just wait a few 100 meters from the start for their friends in later groups.

SASeeding using events that he didn't ride to seed him ... Ha ha! Yes that would make perfect sense given their approach to calculate seedings.

I also find the seeding weird.This will be my 8th ride.Missed last year but I usually ride between 7.15 to 745 and im in D

What I enjoy about a B start is on those long open roads home you can at least jump on the bunches coming past.With a D or E batch you have to slog along into the wind alone.

Chill Bra, we'll have a few beers and take it as it comes!!

The seeding is a total joke. Pro riders like Nico Bell and Matt Beers seeded in E. Wheel suck like a tick and I do it in 5 hours. Will need my E-bike for E batch. Seems like guys at SaSeeding cant change my batch. Gonna try dryland now.

Good day Attakwas riders. Tell me which technical/ dangerous descents to look out for on the route. And any advice how to approach them?