Phone mount for MTB

Moku

Anyone have any experience with mounting their phone securely on their trails bike? I want to be able to see a map as I ride but my eyes not good enough for Garmin and Wahoo devices. Would like to mount in landscape mode.

Anyone have any experience with mounting their phone securely on their trails bike? I want to be able to see a map as I ride but my eyes not good enough for Garmin and Wahoo devices. Would like to mount in landscape mode.

Hi Funsave

We have a range of various smart phone mounts to mount your phone on your bike, in the car, on a motor bike and more.

We do have phone specific covers and other universal options. The link posted by PhillipV is to our site and most items can be found there. 

Drop me a message if you have any other questions that I can help with.

Thank you

Great, thanks.

I sent an email with some questions.

Hi Funsave

We have a range of various smart phone mounts to mount your phone on your bike, in the car, on a motor bike and more.

We do have phone specific covers and other universal options. The link posted by PhillipV is to our site and most items can be found there. 

Drop me a message if you have any other questions that I can help with.

Thank you

I just bought one of these, have not used it yet, but the reviews are all good, and it was cheap, so I took a chance.

Check this out on takealot: Action Mounts Cellphone Bicycle & Motorcycle Mount

https://www.takealot.com/action-mounts-cellphone-bicycle-motorcycle-mount/PLID45218239

Also bought a RAVX phone mount thing, dont waste your money, it broke while putting it on the bars, before even mounting a phone on it

Please bare in mind that the vibrations and jarring of the bike may affect the functioning of the autofocus mechanism in your phone camera. 

I have heard some people whose phone camera's became unusable due to the lens being unable to autofocus.

Please bare in mind that the vibrations and jarring of the bike may affect the functioning of the autofocus mechanism in your phone camera. 

I have heard some people whose phone camera's became unusable due to the lens being unable to autofocus.

Right, I forgot about the autofocus and I too have heard some stories about this.  I will buy a cheapie phone just to use for this.

Thanks

I just bought one of these, have not used it yet, but the reviews are all good, and it was cheap, so I took a chance.

Check this out on takealot: Action Mounts Cellphone Bicycle & Motorcycle Mount
https://www.takealot.com/action-mounts-cellphone-bicycle-motorcycle-mount/PLID45218239

Also bought a RAVX phone mount thing, dont waste your money, it broke while putting it on the bars, before even mounting a phone on it

Quadlock, nuff said. Avail at takealot and Sportsmanswarehouse.

https://www.quadlockcase.com/

That's what started me on the search, Takealot have none and Sportsman's don't advertise them either. The SP mounts from Bikealot look similar though.

Soortsmans have them instore. Try Gadget time as well. I ordered mine from bikebug.com in Australia, I use it for Zwift to control in game options.

To help combat this, I would suggest a mount like the Bike Mount Pro, it is an aluminium bracket with integrated vibration dampening system, quite similar to the brackets we have for motorbikes also with vibration dampening

https://www.bikalot.com/collections/smart-phone-accessories/products/sp-bike-mount-pro 

Thanks, but no-thanks. I have no need for this, was just mentioning what I read on the interwebs (specifically motorcycle forum)

I have a phone holder that was gifted to me, only using it on the stationary bike for Zwift.