don't underestmiate a cyclist

pastapouch

got this a while ago from my club. If you see this idiot, kick a dent in his door.Angry

"

Hi All,

Had a nasty experience this morning when a BIG BURLY (and I mean BIG) guy in a new shape silver Toyota Camry TRZ 922 GP didnt like the fact that he had to wait for Ferdi to cross the intersection where he wanted to turn and so therefore not only tried to run him down, but also after much wheelspinning and handbrake turning came back and tried to beat Ferdi up. He was spoiling for a fight and wouldn't listen to reason. Ended with cuts and bruises and a fair amount of blood for both Ferdi and Lambertus. I think this guy got one hell of a surprise when Ferdi protected himself and hit back! This was at the intersection at the top of the second hill past the Krugersorp Game Reserve going towards Krugersdorp. By the way, Ferdi was not at fault. He was just a very tired 50+ cyclist (doing about 5-10 kph) that had just come up those hills after 70 k's  to Magalies. We were waiting for him on the opposite side of the intersection.

Please be careful guys. Stay in large groups. As if we don't have enough problems with hijackings and legitimate accidents, we have motorists such as this BIG frustrated Bully (with a chip on both shoulders) who has no patience or respect for cyclists at all. I fear for all of our safety with this type of person on the roads. He is dangerous!!!

I have contacted Caxtons to do a story on the roadrage that is also aimed at cyclists. Will do it in a very positive way tho, appealing to motorists to be patient with cyclists, etc. Perhaps you can give some pointers please Robert (or anybody else for that matter). Might be an idea if it came from the club?

Ride safely

"

time to ride with a shock stick(whatever you call it in English)

Tips when a driver attack you : kick him in the nuts , thats what cycling shoes with hard soles are there forWink

Did any one lay a claim with the police? Perhaps some time in a holding cell as some one's pretty boy will set him straight...

I don't have a problem with cyclists LOL

Ja GROOTSEUN....

I'm pretty sure, if your big burly figure takes up an entire lane while commuting in early morning Cape Town traffic, the motorists don't even dare to hoot at you....LOL

WW: I was riding with Will from UCT one day and some dude hooted at us, so I gave him the 'universal greeting'...he pulls off, gets out the car and waits for me to approach...sees my size and gets back in his car and speeds off! "Klein van ver, maar ver van klein!"LOL

WW: I was riding with Will from UCT one day and some dude hooted at us' date=' so I gave him the 'universal greeting'...he pulls off, gets out the car and waits for me to approach...sees my size and gets back in his car and speeds off! "Klein van ver, maar ver van klein!"LOL[/quote']

Nice! You must ride with me more Big%20smile

WW: I was riding with Will from UCT one day and some dude hooted at us' date=' so I gave him the 'universal greeting'...he pulls off, gets out the car and waits for me to approach...sees my size and gets back in his car and speeds off! "Klein van ver, maar ver van klein!"LOL[/quote']

The same has happened to me.  Bloke stopped, got out, saw us racing hard to meet him, lost his nerve and sped off again.  Probably did some math and realised that he was outnumbered and outsized.