Haval

Andymann

So the time has come to replace my Wife's trusty Honda Jazz and those of you who have ever owned one will appreciate the massive amount of space which a Jazz has - two bike boxes and a Gazebo swallowed with ease.  So logic dictates that I should get her another Jazz - however I have been a bit disappointed with this one - I bought it new in 2011 and hoped it would age like my old Civic, but sadly not - the Jazz is assembled in the UK and it shows.  It hasn't aged well, and paying R1200 for a set of wiper blades and R8000 for Front disks and pads is also testing my sense of humor.  Its also a bit of a pain to drive on the open road - like it seriously needs a 6th Gear overdrive, so a replacement Jazz is out for the moment.

So for a budget of R300k we identified a few used Vehicles which would be very good replacements from a space and power perspective - 2017/18 Rav4, Nissan X-Trail/Qashqai, Hyundai's, Kia's - problem is, sadly it doesn't look like people look after their cars these days, so a R300k SUV is pretty tatty. And most of them have all done North of 50000km. Which is where the Haval H2 question comes in.

I was very sceptical in the beginning, but we test drove a new one and I was bloody impressed.  To a point where for R250K new, I am seriously considering one.

So does anyone on the Hub own one, and what have been your experiences to date?

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So the time has come to replace my Wife's trusty Honda Jazz and those of you who have ever owned one will appreciate the massive amount of space which a Jazz has - two bike boxes and a Gazebo swallowed with ease.  So logic dictates that I should get her another Jazz - however I have been a bit disappointed with this one - I bought it new in 2011 and hoped it would age like my old Civic, but sadly not - the Jazz is assembled in the UK and it shows.  It hasn't aged well, and paying R1200 for a set of wiper blades and R8000 for Front disks and pads is also testing my sense of humor.  Its also a bit of a pain to drive on the open road - like it seriously needs a 6th Gear overdrive, so a replacement Jazz is out for the moment.

So for a budget of R300k we identified a few used Vehicles which would be very good replacements from a space and power perspective - 2017/18 Rav4, Nissan X-Trail/Qashqai, Hyundai's, Kia's - problem is, sadly it doesn't look like people look after their cars these days, so a R300k SUV is pretty tatty. And most of them have all done North of 50000km. Which is where the Haval H2 question comes in.

I was very sceptical in the beginning, but we test drove a new one and I was bloody impressed.  To a point where for R250K new, I am seriously considering one.

So does anyone on the Hub own one, and what have been your experiences to date?

I know someone who works for Haval.

His pick would be the H2 1.5

I know someone who works for Haval.

His pick would be the H2 1.5

That's the one we tested - 1.5T Manual - interior is as good a finish as my new Polo.  And in some places even better.  And the extras are really impressive.  My only concern is after sales.....

Seen quite a few Haval's on the road, so they can't be that bad.

Have you given Renault a thought?

The new Duster looks good:

http://www.renault.co.za/cars/duster/index.html

http://www.renault.co.za/cars/duster/specifications.html

Good point - I was always I bit sceptical of French, but I guess if I'm condsidering Chinese, probably worth going to have a look.

Haval have been consistently selling 850 odd units a month/quarter(not sure which, believe monthly but do stand corrected) over the last year or so..

They have proven themselves to be true bang for buck in terms of everything you get for your money..

The other thing which is a good indicator, I believe anyway, for the amount of cars they are selling you do not see very many of them on the 2nd hand market.. Not yet anyway.. this indicates to me, people are liking these cars and have not found big enough issues with them, to have to sell them off for a more known brand..

That's the one we tested - 1.5T Manual - interior is as good a finish as my new Polo.  And in some places even better.  And the extras are really impressive.  My only concern is after sales.....

Good point - I was always I bit sceptical of French, but I guess if I'm condsidering Chinese, probably worth going to have a look.

He is in the after sales department, no issues there.

Parts availability is  :thumbup:

Just to assure you, the new Jazz is utter garbage compared to yours so good move. 

That bad hey?  I was still going to have a look at one?

I have also been looking at these, the H1 though, seems like decent bang for buck.

Unless you need boot space.. the H1 pretty much has none..

I know this doesn't really answer your question but;

https://www.dirkellisvw.co.za/vehicle_listing/index.php/Mastercars/view_vehicle_details/?stock_id=53094

(I drive one, 12km/l in town and space is plenty)

We actually had a good look at one - because I've had a few VW's in my life, but sadly once you've go used to small little luxuries you kind of expect them - the Jazz had steering wheel controls and a few other minor things which my Wife kind of mentioned.....  you know the saying - Happy Wife, happy life.....

Had a good look at one last week .At the price there is nothing better .I believe in a petrol engine .

Edited by arendoog