Haval

Andymann

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

But on a lighter note, was meant to pick up the Haval today, but I've postponed it because I took heed of all the advice given and want to look at a few more options - especially the Suzuki, and later on today I'm checking out a 1.6i Caddy.  And there is a new Kia being launched next week - a Seltos - the nice lady from Kia says she thinks its just what we need.

So see - some people do listen to advice given on the Hub :-)

To chuck another one in the ring, Go have a look at the Mahindra XUV300 for the Mrs. I drove one last week and for that price point I don’t think anything can compare. Just go have a look…. You will know what I mean

Don't. The 1.6 is a DOG. Same engine that was in teh 1.6 comfortline polo and citi golf, but with a load more weight on teh chassis. 

Hey careful now - I drive the 1.6 Comfortline Polo :whistling:  .  Its not *that* slow....

Is it really that bad?  These are the real world stats for my Polo - bought it in Nov 2015 as an ex-rental with 20000km - it's now got 175000km and I still regularly get under 6L/100km if i drive it nicely.  I specifically wanted the 1.6 becuase it's got a Cam Chain and not a belt - and they are known to be able to rack up big kms....

Average Trip km 764.37 Average Refuel L 48.71 Max Trip km 892.30 Average Cons 6.43 Max Cons 8.58 Min Cons 4.85 Average Cost R 674.18 Average Interval 7.14 Total Fuel Cost R 131 466.04

Edited by Andymann

But on a lighter note, was meant to pick up the Haval today, but I've postponed it because I took heed of all the advice given and want to look at a few more options - especially the Suzuki, and later on today I'm checking out a 1.6i Caddy. And there is a new Kia being launched next week - a Seltos - the nice lady from Kia says she thinks its just what we need.

So see - some people do listen to advice given on the Hub :-)

If you go the Suzuki route have a chat to Suzuki Kyalami owned by the same family that own the Bramley dealership. They gave me a deal no other dealership could match.

Edited by SRBVI

To chuck another one in the ring, Go have a look at the Mahindra XUV300 for the Mrs. I drove one last week and for that price point I don’t think anything can compare. Just go have a look…. You will know what I mean

Sorry Grondpad but I wouldn't touch a Mahindra, we have had two of their bakkie versions on a game farm. Endless issues and when it came time to trade in we had to get another Mahindra as no one would trade the vehicle in.  

OFF TOPIC SLIGHTLY, Anyone have a H1? whats the boot space like? I am selling my old defy washing machine. A young lady with a H1 is buying it today and asked me if it will fit in the boot. She says the seats go down.

Rather put the old washing machine in the engine, at least she will have more power.

Hey careful now - I drive the 1.6 Comfortline Polo :whistling: . Its not *that* slow....

Is it really that bad? These are the real world stats for my Polo - bought it in Nov 2015 as an ex-rental with 20000km - it's now got 175000km and I still regularly get under 6L/100km if i drive it nicely. I specifically wanted the 1.6 becuase it's got a Cam Chain and not a belt - and they are known to be able to rack up big kms....

Average Trip km 764.37 Average Refuel L 48.71 Max Trip km 892.30 Average Cons 6.43 Max Cons 8.58 Min Cons 4.85 Average Cost R 674.18 Average Interval 7.14 Total Fuel Cost R 131 466.04

It's okay, just gutless. And worse when you load it up, as caddies are known to be able to do.

My caddy maxi has a load rating of 810kg.

Aren't Mix FM and Hot 919 are community stations with limited broadcasting range?

Well I drove today, Hot was not available at all. Just a very grainy noise and you could slightly hear another station that was definitely not Hot. Tried bosveld, not bad at all.

Aren't Mix FM and Hot 919 are community stations with limited broadcasting range?

They are - I'm just not sure how the rules work.

In Pretoria where I live Mix and Kwekwezi share the same frequency and regularly overlap - the change point is right opposite Waterkloof Hoerskool on the Highway when Blewitt stops talking Zulu and changes to English....

When Hot first started transmitting there was a dispute between them and Lekker FM as to who had the rights to 91.9Mhz so the stations regularly overlapped.  Hot91.9 won that battle! 

They are - I'm just not sure how the rules work.

In Pretoria where I live Mix and Kwekwezi share the same frequency and regularly overlap - the change point is right opposite Waterkloof Hoerskool on the Highway when Blewitt stops talking Zulu and changes to English....

When Hot first started transmitting there was a dispute between them and Lekker FM as to who had the rights to 91.9Mhz so the stations regularly overlapped.  Hot91.9 won that battle! 

but on the east rand there is still a station that overlaps with 91.9 , never bothered listening for long enough to get a clear signal and find out what it is

but on the east rand there is still a station that overlaps with 91.9 , never bothered listening for long enough to get a clear signal and find out what it is

That must have been what I heard this morning, it's the first time it has ever happened though and I been listening to Hot for a while.