International bike shipping/courier services

Pieter1

Hi guys/girls.

I have been going through the process of buying a bike from the US.

One of my main headaches was to find a company that could pick it up from the shop and deliver it to my apartment in Kuwait.

I’m posting this so that if need be someone else can benefit from these two companies services.

Feel free to add other options or ways of shipping a bike. I know you can check it in on your flight etc. but I’m not in the US so I needed a courier service.

www.bikeflights.com they are quite professional and were my first choice but they don’t ship to Kuwait so I had to look elsewhere.

www.sendmybag.com is the courier service I will be using as they ship to Kuwait and provide the pick up/drop off service. Their prices are similar to bikeflights but they send almost any luggage.

Anyway. Hope it helps someone out.

Edited by Pieter1

Hi guys/girls.

I have been going through the process of buying a bike from the US.

One of my main headaches was to find a company that could pick it up from the shop and deliver it to my apartment in Kuwait.

I’m posting this so that if need be someone else can benefit from these two companies services.

Feel free to add other options or ways of shipping a bike. I know you can check it in on your flight etc. but I’m not in the US so I needed a courier service.

www.bikeflights.com they are quite professional and were my first choice but they don’t ship to Kuwait so I had to look elsewhere.

www.sendmybag.com is the courier service I will be using as they ship to Kuwait and provide the pick up/drop off service. Their prices are similar to bikeflights but they send almost any luggage.

Anyway. Hope it helps someone out.

Interesting.Can you give us a rough idea of the fee was to ship your bike?

Interesting.Can you give us a rough idea of the fee was to ship your bike?

No problem.

Send my bag : Luggage $250 Cover/insurance $32 SMS tracking $2 Change/Cancel pickup date $27

Total:$311.5

Bike flights: Shipping $327 Duties $50 Cover/insurance $42 Pick up from shop $15

Total:$345

I presume I will still have to pay duties when I collect the frame here and all those other add on costs could probably be avoided but I want some decent cover and I chose the change/cancel date because I’m still not 100% sure when my frame will be ready.

• 2 months later...

So I used Send my bag to get my frame from the shop in the US to Kuwait, using them again to get my new fork here. For the frame after reading all their t's and c's I did not take any cover and also not the date change option. Shipping cost me $261. They are really worth a look, not only for bikes but any bag you need to send. I highly recommend them.

https://www.sendmybag.com/?affid=340114

Edited by Pieter1