Death of the GP4000

Schmorglebot

After many faithful years of buying GP4000s on Black Friday, riding them for the year, rinsing and repeating. Sadly it looks like Chris Willemse no longer stock my beloved tyre instead opting for the new GP5000 which is sadly pushing the limits of my tyre budget.

Was it just wishful thinking to expect the GP4000 to stick around for a little longer?

Anyone have any leads on GP4000s at a reasonable price or is it truly the end of an era?

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Why not try Tufo Comtura Duo Race tyre. I have been racing on the tire for the past 3 months and can't fault it.

Definitely might need to consider a different tyre. The GP4000s just ticked all the boxes

Would very highly recommend you get yourself a pair of gp4000 to test.

Fantastic rubber and can assure you once you've gone 5000 you would understand "death of GP4000"

Would very highly recommend you get yourself a pair of gp4000 to test.

Fantastic rubber and can assure you once you've gone 5000 you would understand "death of GP4000"

I fully understand that the 5000 is the superior tyre. It's just the cost that is putting me off. If CWC come to the party and have them at a good price for Black Friday I will buy them in a heartbeat

I’ve just had 4 delivered from CRC. They are on special. 5000’s that is

Edited by BigDL

I’ve just had 4 delivered from CRC. They are on special. 5000’s that is

Definitely an option. What did the total come to?

the GP 4000s were on the early chain reaction cycles black friday deal yesterday, sold out today already

Looks like Merlin have a pretty good deal going at the moment. Perhaps I can put together a group buy with some friends