Birth Certificates

The Ouzo

I need to get birth certificates for both my children, somehow the originals have gone missing.

Do i still need to be subjected to home affairs or are there alternative places that will do them these days ?

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Unfortunately I think you still need to go to home affairs, you can only do the Smart ID and Passports via the banks.

Home affairs. And it can take a long time. Short cut is go to these agents that hang around home affairs offices. Expensive but quick.

Home affairs. And it can take a long time. Short cut is go to these agents that hang around home affairs offices. Expensive but quick.

how long is a long time ?

I've booked flights for march

When I did it back in Jan of 2017 I was instructed by Home Affiars Edenvale that it would take approximately 3 to 4 months. I needed it slightly quicker than that. Next door there was an "agent" and I got it in 3 days. Cost me 900 iirc.

March, you should be ok.

Don't think you need birth certificates for minors any more when travelling.

I need to get birth certificates for both my children, somehow the originals have gone missing.

Do i still need to be subjected to home affairs or are there alternative places that will do them these days ?

DocAssist if anyone has not mentioned them yet.

Gaan lekker daar by Volvo

Been promising to take the girls to Cape Town for the last 5 years.

Luckily the wife is smarter than me so has a better job than me. She also doesn’t spend her money on bike stuff.

Edited by ouzo

I went to Heidelberg HA, on a Saturday morning. Got there at 06:00 with a camp chair and book and sat there until they opened. Was third in line and was done by 09:00.

Girls got their passports, and I got my Smart ID, within 10 days.

I went to Heidelberg HA, on a Saturday morning. Got there at 06:00 with a camp chair and book and sat there until they opened. Was third in line and was done by 09:00.

Girls got their passports, and I got my Smart ID, within 10 days.

Unabridged takes 6 months in Cape Town. Crazy. I actually can't believe it can take so long...

Pathetic IMHO.

I saw today home affairs has this bright new idea to do everything with biometrics or something so things might take twice as long now. Also all there third party agents won’t be able to help you out anymore. Yay...

We need some for of ID for domestic travel. At their age birth certificate is their id.

I use my girl’s passports as the form of ID for air travel. Never had a problem, except for the renewal every 5 years.