SRAM NX Eagle

Dissipline

Does anyone else having problems with SRAM NX eagle group set?

My rear derailer just broke and having issues with shifting for past 2 months.

Jumping gears as well.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hay there Dissipline,

Got the bike out the box, so all new components. After about 4/5 rides of a shortish distance, I had a jockey wheel fall out, and from what I've read, this is a regular occurrence. so maybe extra lock tight on those bolts. in terms of skipping gears, I also had this problem. I adjusted the barrel, I got top end shifting nice, and the bottom end shifting nice, but middle jumping like skippy the bush kangaroo... The problem seemed to be a slight bend in the hanger, a little fall or knock can send it out, I even got told that a bit of pedal force come send it out a little, so have a look from behind and see if it looks to hang at a slight angel. 

Good luck  :thumbup:

My Eagle cage sits slightly skew but shifts like a dream, HOWEVER it is very sensitive.

Check your B screw adjustment with the plastic Sram template. 1/4 turn can make a difference.

Have also been struggling with the NX.

LBS has replaced entire derailleur and cassette twice , with Sram,s consent.

Finally LBS  "lent' me a GX setup about 3 months ago , done around 800 kms 

with zero problems .

I have no idea as to why this helped but am just glad its working , and 

huge kudos to my LBS .

I am not bashing Sram here , as I do think all in all their product is good.

had problems shifting problems on w2w. got stuck on the big gear. see photo of what happen yesterday, buddy same problem a week back. 

seems new version of the derailers are out. Rev 3 

post-78502-0-61674000-1573219016_thumb.jpg

The correct thing to do is a regular toque to be done, say monthly. You can find the correct toque setting on the Sram technical site, pre ride maintenance is important and regular service at service center where the hanger can be aligned, this lessees the pressure on the arm of the derailleur and smooths gear change.

The correct thing to do is a regular toque to be done, say monthly. You can find the correct toque setting on the Sram technical site, pre ride maintenance is important and regular service at service center where the hanger can be aligned, this lessees the pressure on the arm of the derailleur and smooths gear change.

I can understand what you're saying here but jeez it's not a plane that needs safety checks every single time you go out ... Bikes haven't needed that type of service or check for many years why now suddenly?

I just want to go out and ride my bike and check it out occasionally like I have for 30 years, is that too much to ask from someone like SRAM?

https://www.evobikes.co.za/shimano-slx-rd-m7100-1x12-speed-sgs-rear-derailleur.html

Or

https://www.evobikes.co.za/shimano-xt-rd-m8100-1x12-speed-rear-derailleur.html.

...and be done with it. They will both work on your nx casette. Shifters available there too. And they wont need checking every ride. I havent touched my wifes 11 speed Slx groupo in months...just hose it off and go...even after the infamous k2c this year.

NotSoBigBen is right....your bike is not made out of glass and should just work without any real fidgeting every single ride. Maintanence is a thing yes, but having to worry about your derailleur exploding every ride is crazy. And people tout NX as weekend warrior/enthusiast level??? At that level they need to be even more fool and bullet proof because the avarage joe does not know how to take it apart...nevermind what color locktight to use. Even the bottom of the range Alivio/altus crap just works....#just saying.

I agree that checking before every ride is a bit over the top but there's a simple prevention. If you have NX then do a simple one off fix.

Remove the upper pulley wheel, place a drop of loctite on the bolt thread and refit. Done. Probably takes 5min. I spend more reading a bike mag while pinching a loaf.

To go and spend another couple of grand on different parts seems like throwing the baby out with the bath water.

It's not like sending a man to the moon

I "upgraded" from GX 11 speed to Eagle GX. It's been a disaster. Had 3 reputable bike shops in Cape Town fail to sort out the jumping gears. Eventually had the cassette and derailleur replaced under warranty. Worked as expected for the first 200km, then jumping gears again. Way too temperamental  compared to the GX 11 speed and XT 2x10. Replacing it with SLX 12 speed 

Edited by Vishal72

I "upgraded" from GX 11 speed to Eagle GX. It's been a disaster. Had 3 reputable bike shops in Cape Town fail to sort out the jumping gears. Eventually had the cassette and derailleur replaced under warranty. Worked as expected for the first 200km, then jumping gears again. Way too temperamental  compared to the GX 11 speed and XT 2x10. Replacing it with SLX 12 speed

Hmmmm,

do you know if the gear cable housing ends are plastic or metal? I was hanging out at my lbs this morning and a bloke came in with popular brand 2018 dual sus with GX. Complaining about shifting. I had a look over the bike while they were booking it in and sure enough the cable ends are cheap plastic jobbies. The one at the shifter end had split due to very tight cable routing. The housing also had a kink from the bar turning 180 during a crash.

Those plastic cable ends are the devil's work.

Then I looked over a few new bikes on the floor. Same thing. Cheap cable housing and housing ends. This is OEM spec. Yet the top end bikes had jagwire cables and housing??!!!. Bike manufactures skimp on high volume parts. Its worthwhile changing these out to better quality cable kits at the first opportunity.

Hmmmm,

do you know if the gear cable housing ends are plastic or metal? I was hanging out at my lbs this morning and a bloke came in with popular brand 2018 dual sus with GX. Complaining about shifting. I had a look over the bike while they were booking it in and sure enough the cable ends are cheap plastic jobbies. The one at the shifter end had split due to very tight cable routing. The housing also had a kink from the bar turning 180 during a crash.

Those plastic cable ends are the devil's work.

Then I looked over a few new bikes on the floor. Same thing. Cheap cable housing and housing ends. This is OEM spec. Yet the top end bikes had jagwire cables and housing??!!!. Bike manufactures skimp on high volume parts. Its worthwhile changing these out to better quality cable kits at the first opportunity.

Vok, I hope you didn’t offer your thoughts on this to the guys in the shop [emoji23]