GT in South Africa?

Hello Ruan

Hey guys,

I am looking at the GT Sensor and Force right now and I am quite liking what I am seeing. Got me wondering who does GT or sells the more trail - enduro GT bikes in SA? Was curious on pricing.

Edited by Hello Ruan

Ya 6to 12 week waiting period though. I don't understand why Omnico doesn't do more with the GT brand in SA. Even the XC bike is pretty good

Ya 6to 12 week waiting period though. I don't understand why Omnico doesn't do more with the GT brand in SA. Even the XC bike is pretty good

GT haven’t made an XC bike for a while...

The brand is purely trail/downhill now and that’s probably why they don’t do more with it in SA.

Yip. Rather sad. Omnico is a big animal, but I don't think they are big enough to do justice to Cannondale and GT.

They have had GT on a slow decline the last couple of years, while Cannondale has awoken from its slumber. Maybe we'll see a swing back to GT in out lifetime again?

I think the new range of GT bikes are very good looking and from the reviews it seems like their bikes trail/enduro are pretty good performance wise. And GT was always on the more reasonable side of prices.

GT haven’t made an XC bike for a while...

The brand is purely trail/downhill now and that’s probably why they don’t do more with it in SA.

Yeah it's a shame. The zaskar was an iconic hardtail. When the sensor came out it was 110mm and pretty good xc marathon light trail bike. Now it's 130mm. Nothing with shorter travel below that. :(